SG101 on the Web

Follow SurfGuitar101 on Twitter

Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

Theam1964: johnny fortune
11 days ago

Guitarzilla2014: Guitarzilla.com
9 days ago

Guitarzilla2014: check out the high speed mayhem of the surf at Guitarzilla.com or on Facebook @ Guitarzilla . In the spirit of Dick Dale with formere Del Tone John Wheeler
9 days ago

Brian: Guitarzilla.com is a parked domain.
7 days ago

Brian: I think you mean this: http://www.g...
7 days ago

Emilien03: Wow! 2 weeks of instro madnnes in CA! Now ... back to reality! Cool
4 days ago

Brian: It was great seeing you Emilio!
4 days ago

bigtikidude: I agree, yer welcome anytime Emilio
2 days ago

bigtikidude: And yeah reality sucks
2 days ago

HBkahuna: Tony Valentino, founder and lead guitarist of The Standells "Dirty Water" was so stoked by his SG101 Convention experience that he went home, composed and recorded a new surf song. Trying to figure best way to share. Tony gave his permission to share.
2 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

IRC Status
  • Frus

Join them in the #ShallowEnd!

Need help getting started?

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake August Birthdays Cake
SG101 MP3 Comps
Top 101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Musicians & Gigs Wanted »

Permalink Looking to start or join Ventures and/or Surf Band in Delaware area

Page 1 of 1

Hi All,

I just joined SG101. I saw some old posts referencing surf music is dead in Delaware. That may be and I've been out of the music scene for a number of years, but I'm looking to revive the surf music scene in Delaware.

I've been playing guitar for 35+ years and have been out of the local music scene, but it's time to get out there and make a difference.

I recently acquired a one of a kind Mosrite Ventures model made by Semie Moseley as well as a '60 Jazzmaster, 2011 Jaguar Classic Player, 2009 Yamaha Flying Samurai, '67 Dual Showman, '72 Bassman 50. I also have a '90 Strat Plus and a Tom Anderson.

I'm looking to either start a new or join an existing Ventures Tribute Band or an instrumental Surf Band in the Delaware area.
I live in Newark, Delaware.
Since I have a full-time job, this would by necessity be part-time at this point in time. But hey, I'm open to full-time gigging if the pay is right! Laughing

It would be nice to find an existing band with a following, booking management for good venues, etc.
But I'm open to starting my own project and creating the momentum.

I'm primarily interested in playing out because I love the music. Don't we all? If there's good money, that's a bonus.
I've played in numerous bands over the years and it's time to get out again!
Seasoned, mature musicians. By mature, I don't necessarily mean you have to be old! It's all relative. Smile

PM me if you are interested.

John Drysdale | Musician - Mentor - Instructor | John Drysdale Music
Web Sites: http://www.johndrysdalemusic.com | http://www.johndrysdalesurfguitar.com

pm sent.

Ah Hah!!! Perhaps Surf ain't dead yet in Delaware!!!

Hi John,
So, how far from the Poconos are you? And do you have an acoustic-electric?
Noel

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013 20:57:33

Page 1 of 1