SG101 on the Web

Follow SurfGuitar101 on Twitter
SG101 on YouTube

Shoutbox

bigtikidude: https://s3-u...
19 days ago

mom_surfing: doing some research on the belairs and found that the tune 'seed' by sublime has part of mr. moto in the guitar solo breaks
18 days ago

nielsjansen: Have you voted yet for the Surf Album Top 101? You have 11 days left to do so!
17 days ago

dp: <(")
17 days ago

DrNo: los straitjackets
16 days ago

Tuck: So it does, Mom!
16 days ago

Golddaddy: I am newbie to this website. Thanks
16 days ago

Outerwave_Allen: OUTERWAVE is looking for a new drummer. If you are in So. Cal. Call Allen at (714) 767-8576 Cool
15 days ago

Golddaddy: I wish SG101 would do another jassmaster giveaway :c.. When I found out about it, it was too late
6 days ago

Noel: Such events depend entirely on the generosity of others. Who knows what this year will bring?
3 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

SG101 MP3 Comps
Top 101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink 1 Reverb tank = good, outboard tank + built in reverb = feedback?

Page 1 of 1

Well, to start things off, I use a rather unconventional set of tools when playing. I have an old Univox UEQ-1 outboard tank/7 band eq, and a '65 or so Gibson Vanguard. Now, one day I was using the eq to mix my signal, and I left the reverb on, and I had the reverb set 6 or 7 on the Gibson, (dimed on the outboard tank of course) and it built up into an odd feedback. Given I was using a Tele, with the volume about 4 or so, I'm pretty sure it was one of the tanks. Anyone have an idea of why that might have happened?

Maybe a Univox does surf...

Last edited: Dec 17, 2011 13:09:09

Normally I don't use internal reverb if I'm using a tank or a reverb pedal. It is possible to have too much of a good thing.

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.
My Revamped Guitar WebSite
Dead Thread

Page 1 of 1