Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink The Bambi Molesters - "A Night in Zagreb" (DVD+2CD) OUT NOW!

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5

habanero wrote:

6 minutes remain on my download of the HD version Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I'm sure you have loved it!! Smile

Instantly bought it from Amazon, and have also placed an order for the vinyl. Cannot believe this has been out for nearly 2 years, and this is the 1st I've heard of it.

Shame on you! But at least you got there in the end.

Let me please just say THANK YOU for making some awesome music. This is a great album. Absolutely love it. Cannot keep it out of my cd player, though the new Madeira has also not left my car since it shipped ;) (Sorry Ivan - let me point out that I also LOVE the new Madeira, but this album has to get its fair shake too ;) )
Wonderful to have two excellent new albums to enjoy

Croats of the world unite and take over!!! Mr. Green

Thanks, habanero, and I completely agree about As the Dark Wave Swells - simply a modern classic and a masterpiece!

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Haha, you're welcome Ivan!

Excellent production on this show. The HD version is amazing! Minor pixellation, as described by others in this thread, but not at all distracting. Looks pretty good on my TV, and for the price, and especially the convenience of being able to buy the download, I don't see how anyone could complain.

This is amongst the best of the best, of ANY concert footage ever created, captured, and produced. The performance, and the quality of the audio is nothing short of amazing. Since it was late when I first got this, I listened on my AKG 141's, and was absolutely blown away. Since then, I also checked it out on my main TV / sound system, and was equally impressed. The live sound, recording, and mastering engineers did such a nice job with everything. Could only imagine "lossless" audio would be nothing short of perfect. For this reason alone, I'm thinking that I have to go ahead with getting the physical set.

Also, I found that Rhapsody (I've been a subscriber for years and years) DOES have the 2 disc audio of the show!!! If you search "Bambi Molesters" there is a "Bambi Molesters 1" that shows up with these discs available to stream!!!
Haven't checked Spotify, but for those who subscribe to Rhapsody, this is too cool!!! Anyone here who has Rhapsody, but does not yet own the box set should certainly check out this performance!

If it was a blu-ray it probably would have been a 128khz or whatever it was created at audio track. That would have been amazing sounding.

Bump

Jeff(bigtikidude)

IvanP wrote:

Thanks, habanero, and I completely agree about As the Dark Wave Swells - simply a modern classic and a masterpiece!

I agree 100 percent. It's one of my go-to tunes when I introduce new people to surf music. It usually makes a huge impression.

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

The dvd does not play in my blu ray or dvd player. It must be in PAL format,
which is bad news for people in North & South America.

Tonight I was able to import the files in my video editor & convert it to American NTSC dvd, with just a tiny bit of flickering, noticeable on the credits.

Another option is streaming from computer to tv with roku or apple tv.

Does anyone know if the DVD is still available ?

Freshwater Surfin'

The Murray Basin
Australia

windmill wrote:

Does anyone know if the DVD is still available ?

Got mine from the source.

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Thanks Badger Smile

Freshwater Surfin'

The Murray Basin
Australia

Be patient, given the distance it's coming and that they're pretty busy and these "appear" to be very personally handled. (I think Noel mentioned awhile back that Lada autographed his.)
You will not regret it.
Thumbs Up

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Have ordered
Now waiting Smile

Freshwater Surfin'

The Murray Basin
Australia

Yes, Dalibor sent me mine. It is worth the wait. Without a doubt one of the best live recorded productions I've ever seen.

websurfer wrote:

Yes, Dalibor sent me mine. It is worth the wait. Without a doubt one of the best live recorded productions I've ever seen.

Mine was from Dinko

8 days from ordering from Croatia to hitting the DVD player in rural Australia. Fair dinkum that's amazing.

Agree with the comment about the quality of the presentation.

Awesome

Freshwater Surfin'

The Murray Basin
Australia

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5