Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
96 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink The Bambi Molesters - "A Night in Zagreb" (DVD+2CD) OUT NOW!

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

My CD/DVD set arrived in yesterday's mail - woo hoo!!!!

Got through the first CD last night and the DVD is playing right now (what a great way to start the work day - a cup of coffee, going through my email, and The Bambi Molesters providing the audio/video back drop. Sweet!

I definitely want to try this on my DVD player at home.
Looking forward to the HD download, too - whenever it becomes available.

Outstanding work by you and the band, Dalibor!!!!
I love the look of the video and, of course, the sound is just stellar.

Mark

There are no wrong notes, just some questionable choices.

My copy arrived today. Listening to it now Smile

Wow! There's a song called 'Wanganui' on there: http://www.wanganui.com/

And its a cool song!

My favourite on this release is the live version of 'As the Dark Wave Swells'.

He who dies with the most tubes... wins

Surf Daddies

Last edited: Mar 06, 2012 00:16:04

So of course I love the Bambi Molesters, and have all their cds, even the 45s and a cassette tape.
So I was really looking forward to the live CDs and DVD.
But I figured it would be my luck that it wouldn't play in my dvd player.
So I had a friend convert it to a US version DVDr playable in my player.
But he also upconverted it video and sound wise, and played it on his 108 in. projection screen and thru his really nice home stereo.

Absolutely Stunning!
this is a must own package.
even with the location code issues, which most people can get around by playing on yer computer, or international dvd player.

I love how its a lot more of their mellow/melodic songs.
I really like their layed back vibe.
Not that they can't really rock out, which they do on a good number of songs here.

I also really love the added keyboard and horns to some of their older songs, and some cool surf standard covers they chose to put in too.
Yes The Bambi Molesters have become so much more than a "surf band"
but it's nice to know that they still hold those ties closely.

There was discussion of them possibly coming to play here in 2012,
but it didn't work out. I still keep my fingers crossed for them to come play the USA someday. But I can treasure and watch this DVD until that day happens.

Get this now!
Tell a friend to get this now!
show it to people that may not be instro fans,
I think this would be a good way to convert people to our side.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last edited: Mar 06, 2012 15:00:50

I've been a Bambi Molesters fan for several years and have a couple of their earlier albums. Sonic Bullets is an absolute favourite of mine. I really think they have taken the genre in a new direction, weaving in eastern-european musical themes from their particular part of the globe. Their studio albums are really well-produced, highly-considered and finely-detailed pieces of musical composition and I find them very thought-inspiring (as well as musically inspiring).

He who dies with the most tubes... wins

Surf Daddies

I finally got a copy and listened to the CDs.

INCREDIBLE. I love all the extra organ and horn stuff added. I was kind of expecting just a regular live album thing (which I'm usually not such a fan of) but this is so much more. The Bambis show that they are truly an incredible band, not just as a surf band, but a class act musical entity.

I have yet to have time to sit down and watch the DVD...

Science friction burns my fingers.

High praise indeed. Wait until you see the DVD. It looks as great as they sound.

tonybologna wrote:

I finally got a copy and listened to the CDs.

INCREDIBLE. I love all the extra organ and horn stuff added. I was kind of expecting just a regular live album thing (which I'm usually not such a fan of) but this is so much more. The Bambis show that they are truly an incredible band, not just as a surf band, but a class act musical entity.

I have yet to have time to sit down and watch the DVD...

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Bump!

I've been trading email w/ Dalibor looking at alternatives to get the download going for those having challenges getting the DVD working and remembered seeing that Slow Boat Films hosted a trailer, but also appeared to have full film downloads of other projects.

Looks like they are now hosting the HD movie download, currently as a purchase (8.00€). Inquiry sent about potentially getting a download credit for those who purchased the CD/DVD pack.

http://surfguitar101.com/news/story/748/

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

Onslow_Beach wrote:

Looks like they are now hosting the HD movie download, currently as a purchase (8.00€). Inquiry sent about potentially getting a download credit for those who purchased the CD/DVD pack.

http://surfguitar101.com/news/story/748/

Sweet! Thanks for doing the legwork on this. I'm DYING to see this show in HD! Big Grin

Just a point of feedback for the HD download. I'm wondering why they used a single RAR file, since the MP4 is already highly compressed.

I think there might be something called an auto-unrar script?...

Is it just the .mp4 in the .rar file? I imagine there would be artwork in it if it is in a .zip file.

Also, I'm planning on downloading this real soon. When I leave this evening, I'm watching netflix right now and my new shitty internet connection can't handle downloading and streaming at the same time.

My old internet connection got me 3.6 mb/s, it was amazing. And when download from usenet at that speed I could also stream video in HD and surf the web, it was amazing.

Just an mp4 in the rar Jake.

It was a slow download too, like 260kbs but that might be my flakey connection.
I imported the url into FDM (Free Download Manager)and it downloaded at 4 times the speed.

The mp4 artifacts a little, i think that's the right word for garbled graphics. I have a brand new i5 pc with bags of memory so i don't think it's my computers problem. I'm not fond of the MP4 format, AVI always seems to work better for me.

But... this is a GREAT video.. i love the high contrast look - black is REALLY black! The sound is very good also.. It's all quite stunning.

.MKV is the video container of choice for me. It is awesome.

Has TV DVD/Bluray players caught up with MKV yet?

Has TV DVD/Bluray players caught up with the MP4 codec yet, for that matter.

Might be worth mentioning for those with older NTSC players who are hoping to drop the video file on a dvd (as data burn) that divx/xvid AVI container is the most compatible.

Actually works fine with VLC Player..

Windows Media Player Problem.

All good - Sorry Embarrassed

Is it in better resolution than the version on the disk? I know it says HD, just wanting to make sure.

MP4 file is 1280x720 (720p). Standard DVD resolution is 720x480 but can be upscaled to match HD. So in the real world not a lot of difference which i'm guessing why they didn't use Bluray. However, the MP4 is compressed so not full quality but very near - i notice when the lights flash at the back of the stage there are some frame drops but it isn't bad really. It's at that point where my Win Media player shows graphical glitches - it can't handle a screen full of pixels changing quickly.

720x480 "can" be upscaled. Upscaling doesn't look anywhere near 720p though. And 720p just isn't nearly as good as 1080p on displays larger than 40" or so in my experience. I'll be watching this on a large TV so 1080p would have been ideal. Especially due to the low file size(compression) this just isn't going to be as beautiful as it could have been. File should have been somewhere in the 8gb range for a 90 minute movie and the human eye not really picking up compression. A blu-ray version of this would have used all 25gb completely.

6 minutes remain on my download of the HD version Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Haven't visited the forums in some time, and am very happy to see a thread on this.

Recently got on a Bambi Molesters kick, and was very excited to find an album I had not heard - As The Dark Wave Swells.

Instantly bought it from Amazon, and have also placed an order for the vinyl. Cannot believe this has been out for nearly 2 years, and this is the 1st I've heard of it.

Let me please just say THANK YOU for making some awesome music. This is a great album. Absolutely love it. Cannot keep it out of my cd player, though the new Madeira has also not left my car since it shipped ;) (Sorry Ivan - let me point out that I also LOVE the new Madeira, but this album has to get its fair shake too ;) )
Wonderful to have two excellent new albums to enjoy (even if the former is not actually 'new,' it's new to me!).

Very nice to see an offer here for $30 USD (instead of Euros) - I may have to purchase this very soon... Must ask though - is there any chance of purchasing the two audio discs separately in FLAC format? I would gladly pay (perhaps around $15-$20?) for this, if it were somehow possible. Otherwise, I can understand simply buying the full package deal, due to production costs etc.

All my rambles aside - I just wanted to stop by and say THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The preview looked and sounded fantastic and I'm itching to finish this download.

From the only surf band in KS (Los Habaneros) - THANK YOU ALL!!!!

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next