Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
149 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
111 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
72 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink The Bambi Molesters - "A Night in Zagreb" (DVD+2CD) OUT NOW!

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

I got mine yesterday! Thanks Dalibor!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

I got mine yesterday as well - Just starting to dig in, but the DVD looks/sounds great on the first two songs that I sampled this morning. Well done, Dalibor, and the rest of the Bambis! I feel a New Years Eve listening party coming on, probably intermixed somehow with the Deadbeats on KFJC...

Rick

Rick

Just got mine today...FANTASTIC!!!

I had a little trouble getting the DVD to play in my computer, but it worked the 2nd time. This is a fantastic performance and never has a surf band been captured so well on video.

I have a nice wide screen in 1080p and headphones; it looks and sounds great.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Last edited: Jan 02, 2012 12:53:25

My copy arrived today. I checked out the dvd first, wanting to make sure it played okay on my fickle dvd players. It played beautifully- and now it's time to treat my ears to the double discs. Smile

I got it a few days ago, and am finally watching it (sadly, not on my Blu-Ray player and HDTV which wouldn't play the disc, dammit, but instead on my laptop). Such great stuff!!! Fantastic sound, phenomenal picture, excellent performance. An instant classic, I'd say! SO incredibly nice to have a pro production of a live performance of a surf band. It would be amazing to have more of that, but the budget is always a problem, I understand that...

One thing that gave me a quick thrill - at the beginning of the third track, Point Break, when they show the panorama of the western side of Zagreb, the newer residential areas, well, I could see the apartment where I grew up and my family lived until we moved to the USA. (Not that I expect anybody to care, but it's on the left of the screen, the second from the right of the four almost-identical large double-skyscrapers standing next to each other in the back of the shot - we lived on the 20th floor (out of 21) in a corner apartment facing in the direction of the camera. Never did I expect to see that on a video of any sort. Wow...)

Anyway, congratulations, Bambis! Another phenomenal release, worthy of your status as a world-class band! I'd say this is an absolute must-have for any fan of modern surf music.

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Mine shipped very quickly from Zagreb to Oregon--thanks, Dalibor. I wish I had asked you to autograph it. I love the set list--some of my favorites from throughout the band's career, and not just the usual favorites as seen on many Youtube videos.

The band looks and sounds fantastic! A totally professional presentation--probably the best so far for a modern surf/instrumental band. I am just really impressed with the live performances and the mix. Hard to believe this was recorded live--my ears often have to do a "double take" as I remember I'm listening to a concert film.

Watching this, it's easy to see why for many here the Bambi Molesters are in a class by themselves. Truly, I don't know who approaches them for original material, arrangements, orchestration of parts. It's almost shocking how minimal their approach is sometimes, pretty fearless is a live setting, I think. They aren't afraid to set a mood by changing up the tempo and letting a song build momentum. I guess great dynamics is one way to put it.

Like some others here, I have to watch it on my computer since my DVD player won't recognize it. Could just be the incompatibility of my particular player. I don't know. This is a great value though. Double live CD with DVD. I urge any surf fan--or fan of great instrumental music and live concerts to buy this.

Mine just arrived!
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Bob

Bob

Thanks for a nice words. I just wanted to say that I'll have HD video for upload in a couple of days and I'll send link to anyone that bought DVD. I hope this will work fine.
Regarding live recording, I have to say that we had a pleasure to work with great recording guy who knows his job and got very quality mobile recording system. There are only 2 or 3 minor edits. Everything you hear is live. I still don't know how we managed to do it:)

websurfer wrote:

Mine shipped very quickly from Zagreb to
Oregon--thanks, Dalibor. I wish I had asked you to
autograph it. I love the set list--some of my favorites
from throughout the band's career, and not just the
usual favorites as seen on many Youtube videos.

The band looks and sounds fantastic! A totally
professional presentation--probably the best so far for
a modern surf/instrumental band. I am just really
impressed with the live performances and the mix. Hard
to believe this was recorded live--my ears often have
to do a "double take" as I remember I'm listening to a
concert film.

Watching this, it's easy to see why for many here the
Bambi Molesters are in a class by themselves. Truly, I
don't know who approaches them for original material,
arrangements, orchestration of parts. It's almost
shocking how minimal their approach is sometimes,
pretty fearless is a live setting, I think. They aren't
afraid to set a mood by changing up the tempo and
letting a song build momentum. I guess great dynamics
is one way to put it.

Like some others here, I have to watch it on my
computer since my DVD player won't recognize it. Could
just be the incompatibility of my particular player. I
don't know. This is a great value though. Double live
CD with DVD. I urge any surf fan--or fan of great
instrumental music and live concerts to buy this.

I just sent you an e-mail, but it bounced back as undeliverable, I just sent a PM. If your inbox is full and you don't get the PM, just let me know.

PM sent

JakeDobner wrote:

I just sent you an e-mail, but it bounced back as
undeliverable, I just sent a PM. If your inbox is full
and you don't get the PM, just let me know.

I just finished watching the DVD, and WOW!!!!.... Any superlatives I would try to use would be the understatement of the century. It gets no better than this. The band is obviously incredible. The interplay between Dalibor and Dinko is magical. Look up the word "cool" in the dictionary, and you will see a picture of the Bambi Molesters. The horns, keyboards and vocals add a really nice touch. The video work is highly professional. The sound is great. Even the out-takes are better than just about anything that I have ever seen or heard. If you haven't ordered this, jump on it. There were a very limited number of copies manufactured. At the price that Dalibor is charging, it is a phenomenal deal.

Bob

Bob

I just ordered a copy this afternoon. Looking forward to receiving it!

Does anyone have an idea why some people are having problems viewing the dvd?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bigtikidude wrote:

Does anyone have an idea why some people are having
problems viewing the dvd?

I've head problems with "All Regions" coded DVD's playing on my "American (HTSC?)" coded DVD player. So I bought a cheap little Coby DVD player for about $40.00 that apparently has no code restrictions. It's a piece of crap DVD player, but it plays almost anything. My computer usually plays all regions DVD's, too. Pain in the butt.

Bob

Bob

thanks Bob,
that's what i was worried about.

the BM's short doc DVD from a few years back was Euro code DVD,
and I had to watch it on my Brothers cheap Korean DVD player that was all code.

I hope the new one plays on my front room sony player.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

If you have an older DVD player it will likely be region locked. However, most every DVD player can be unlocked, just google your make and model and "region free" and there will be instructions. It normally includes hitting a sequence of numbers. Could take a couple tries.

Newer DVD players are probably region free, or rather Euro and US regions are one in the same.

The Backstage Pass DVD was one of my favorite things ever. I played that thing a million times.

a friend said that if you do the region thing on the DVD player
it will be to change it to another region, and you can only do it a few times.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

DVD is region free. All problems (if any) are PAL/NTSC related.
From what I've heard cheaper DVD players have less problems.

We have a good quality DVD player (Australia), about 4 years old and it works fine here

https://www.facebook.com/lostremoleros/

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next