SG101 on the Web

Follow SurfGuitar101 on Twitter
SG101 on YouTube

Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

mom_surfing: doing some research on the belairs and found that the tune 'seed' by sublime has part of mr. moto in the guitar solo breaks
19 days ago

nielsjansen: Have you voted yet for the Surf Album Top 101? You have 11 days left to do so!
18 days ago

dp: <(")
18 days ago

DrNo: los straitjackets
17 days ago

Tuck: So it does, Mom!
17 days ago

Golddaddy: I am newbie to this website. Thanks
17 days ago

Outerwave_Allen: OUTERWAVE is looking for a new drummer. If you are in So. Cal. Call Allen at (714) 767-8576 Cool
16 days ago

Golddaddy: I wish SG101 would do another jassmaster giveaway :c.. When I found out about it, it was too late
7 days ago

Noel: Such events depend entirely on the generosity of others. Who knows what this year will bring?
4 days ago

bigtikidude: http://surfg... HB pier schedule for summer 2014
1 day ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

SG101 MP3 Comps
Top 101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink SpaghettiWestern Fuzz

New Topic
Goto Page: 1 2 Next

I play in a surfband from Norway, and recently I've been looking for a "decent" fuzzpedal. Our music tends to be in the typical spaghetti-western direction.
I've been looking at "The Ennio" that Ty on the forum builds, and I've seen the "Spaghetti Western Fuzz". Any opinions on these pedals or other pedals that suits the genre well? I really would like some input before I make a decision. Smile

"I don't know anything about an augmented ninth, or a 13th chord, and I don't give a crap. All I know is how to make my guitar scream with pain or pleasure." Dick Dale

I had the spaghetti western and just sold it. It was awesome, but I finally found it just a tad too bright. Maybe I should have used a carbon battery with it. I bought a catalinbread merkin, which can get just a tad thicker sounding. Still gritty and nasty and trebly as all get out, but just a little more body. I also built a dying battery simulator for it, and that has helped.

I was looking at the psych byke fuzz...that sounds awesome. Also, the basic audio scarab.

I gotta hear THIS pedal...

Radio Free Bakersfield--60 Minutes of TWANG, CRUNCH, OOMPH.
http://radiofreebakersfield.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Radio-Free-Bakersfield/172410279636
http://www.sandiegojoe.com/rfb.htm

Golden wrote:

and I've seen the "Spaghetti Western Fuzz".

Really? Big Grin

"If it hadn’t been for Link Wray and 'Rumble,' I would have never picked up a guitar." - Pete Townshend, The Who

The Twang-O-Matics - Facebook
The Twang-O-Matics - homepage

HenryAdams wrote:

I had the spaghetti western and just sold it. It was
awesome, but I finally found it just a tad too bright.
Maybe I should have used a carbon battery with it. I
bought a catalinbread merkin, which can get just a tad
thicker sounding. Still gritty and nasty and trebly as
all get out, but just a little more body. I also built
a dying battery simulator for it, and that has helped.

I was looking at the psych byke fuzz...that sounds
awesome. Also, the basic audio scarab.

Thanks man. I did some research on the psych byke pedal and it certainly is a great sounding fuzz pedal. Even though I liked the pedal a lot, I found another one that caught my attention even more. Not your typical spaghetti-western fuzz perhaps, but still a fuzzsound I fell in love with right away. It's called "Wright Sounds Fuzz-Stang". The whole thing is handmade and strictly limited to 100 pedals made. Let's hope this fuzzbaby delivers, and thank you for responding so fast Smile

"I don't know anything about an augmented ninth, or a 13th chord, and I don't give a crap. All I know is how to make my guitar scream with pain or pleasure." Dick Dale

Nilstempo wrote:

Golden wrote:

and I've seen the "Spaghetti Western Fuzz".

Really? Big Grin

You better know it Tempo Big Grin
I like the way your pedal screams!

"I don't know anything about an augmented ninth, or a 13th chord, and I don't give a crap. All I know is how to make my guitar scream with pain or pleasure." Dick Dale

Golden, So what band are you in? Just curious so I can keep my eye out for your band.As a general rule I tend to really love instro bands from Northern Eurpoe Wink

Reverb, It's A Way Of Life!

brandonio wrote:

Golden, So what band are you in? Just curious so I can
keep my eye out for your band.As a general rule I tend
to really love instro bands from Northern Eurpoe Wink

The band is called "Twang-O-Matics" and we started playing together in June this year. We are four guys, which means we have two guitars, one upright bass and drums. We plan to record a couple of songs, hopefully in October or so. At the moment we don't have any website, but I can assure you we will create one in the near future. Thank you so much for showing interest in our music. It's highly appreciated, and I will of course send you a pm as soon as we have live clips or studio-recordings up on the web. If you play in a band as well, make sure to send me a link cause I'm starving for new reverb-drenched music Big Grin

"I don't know anything about an augmented ninth, or a 13th chord, and I don't give a crap. All I know is how to make my guitar scream with pain or pleasure." Dick Dale

Golden wrote:

The band is called "Twang-O-Matics" and we started
playing together in June this year. We are four guys,
which means we have two guitars, one upright bass and
drums. We plan to record a couple of songs, hopefully
in October or so. At the moment we don't have any
website, but I can assure you we will create one in the
near future. Thank you so much for showing interest in
our music. It's highly appreciated, and I will of
course send you a pm as soon as we have live clips or
studio-recordings up on the web. If you play in a band
as well, make sure to send me a link cause I'm starving
for new reverb-drenched music Big Grin
That's sounds great. Unfortunately I don't play in a band anymore,the other guys in my previous band decided they'd rather drink and chat rather than play music.Hopefully one day I'll get another band together.If you're looking for new reverb drenched surf music this the place to be that's for sure.

Reverb, It's A Way Of Life!

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011 17:45:59

the other guys in my previous band decided

they'd rather drink and chat rather than play

I know that feeling, that`s part of the reason I quit my previous band and startet Twang-O-Matics together with Golden Big Grin

Nils

"If it hadn’t been for Link Wray and 'Rumble,' I would have never picked up a guitar." - Pete Townshend, The Who

The Twang-O-Matics - Facebook
The Twang-O-Matics - homepage

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011 02:00:42

Nilstempo wrote:

the other guys in my previous band decided

they'd rather drink and chat rather than play

I know that feeling, that`s part of the reason I quit
my previous band and startet Twang-O-Matics together
with Golden Big Grin

Nils
Oh so you and Golden are in the same band Cool Good luck guys I wish you much success.I like the band name as well.Viva! Twang-O-Matics!!!!

Reverb, It's A Way Of Life!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011 08:27:11

Hey, Golden. That. Sounds. Nasty. There's one for sale on TGP, and I almost bought it, on your rec. But I think I'm loving my Merkin. It's really a weird pedal, with all sort of good sounds in it, especially when I've got it plugged into my dying battery simulator.

Good luck with the Stang.

Golden wrote:

HenryAdams wrote:

I had the spaghetti western and just sold it. It was
awesome, but I finally found it just a tad too
bright.
Maybe I should have used a carbon battery with it. I
bought a catalinbread merkin, which can get just a
tad
thicker sounding. Still gritty and nasty and trebly
as
all get out, but just a little more body. I also
built
a dying battery simulator for it, and that has
helped.

I was looking at the psych byke fuzz...that sounds
awesome. Also, the basic audio scarab.

Thanks man. I did some research on the psych byke pedal
and it certainly is a great sounding fuzz pedal. Even
though I liked the pedal a lot, I found another one
that caught my attention even more. Not your typical
spaghetti-western fuzz perhaps, but still a fuzzsound I
fell in love with right away. It's called "Wright
Sounds Fuzz-Stang". The whole thing is handmade and
strictly limited to 100 pedals made. Let's hope this
fuzzbaby delivers, and thank you for responding so fast
Smile

Oh so you and Golden are in the same band Cool Good
luck guys I wish you much success.I like the band name
as well.Viva! Twang-O-Matics!!!!

Thanks Cool

Nils

"If it hadn’t been for Link Wray and 'Rumble,' I would have never picked up a guitar." - Pete Townshend, The Who

The Twang-O-Matics - Facebook
The Twang-O-Matics - homepage

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011 12:46:04

The Dano French Toast (with the octave effect off) might be a good cheap option for a spaghetti western fuzz sound.

http://www.reverbnation.com/thedeadranchhands

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZEW74mHjQk

HenryAdams wrote:

Hey, Golden. That. Sounds. Nasty. There's one for sale
on TGP, and I almost bought it, on your rec. But I
think I'm loving my Merkin. It's really a weird pedal,
with all sort of good sounds in it, especially when
I've got it plugged into my dying battery simulator.

Good luck with the Stang.

Golden wrote:

HenryAdams wrote:

I had the spaghetti western and just sold it. It
was
awesome, but I finally found it just a tad too
bright.
Maybe I should have used a carbon battery with it.
I
bought a catalinbread merkin, which can get just a
tad
thicker sounding. Still gritty and nasty and
trebly
as
all get out, but just a little more body. I also
built
a dying battery simulator for it, and that has
helped.

I was looking at the psych byke fuzz...that sounds
awesome. Also, the basic audio scarab.

Thanks man. I did some research on the psych byke
pedal
and it certainly is a great sounding fuzz pedal.
Even
though I liked the pedal a lot, I found another one
that caught my attention even more. Not your typical
spaghetti-western fuzz perhaps, but still a fuzzsound
I
fell in love with right away. It's called "Wright
Sounds Fuzz-Stang". The whole thing is handmade and
strictly limited to 100 pedals made. Let's hope this
fuzzbaby delivers, and thank you for responding so
fast
Smile

The Catalinbread Merkin pedal is awesome, and I would probably not regret buying one of those. Nevertheless, I chose the fuzz-stang out of pure curiosity (and of course the weird angry fuzz). Let's hope I did the right (or should I say wright Razz ) thing Smile

"I don't know anything about an augmented ninth, or a 13th chord, and I don't give a crap. All I know is how to make my guitar scream with pain or pleasure." Dick Dale

DeadRanchHands wrote:

The Dano French Toast (with the octave effect off)
might be a good cheap option for a spaghetti western
fuzz sound.

Danelectro rules considering the price!

"I don't know anything about an augmented ninth, or a 13th chord, and I don't give a crap. All I know is how to make my guitar scream with pain or pleasure." Dick Dale

brandonio wrote:

Nilstempo wrote:

the other guys in my previous band decided

they'd rather drink and chat rather than play

I know that feeling, that`s part of the reason I
quit
my previous band and startet Twang-O-Matics together
with Golden Big Grin

Nils
Oh so you and Golden are in the same band Cool Good
luck guys I wish you much success.I like the band name
as well.Viva! Twang-O-Matics!!!!

Yup, and thank you! Tempo and Golden are partners in crime Laughing

"I don't know anything about an augmented ninth, or a 13th chord, and I don't give a crap. All I know is how to make my guitar scream with pain or pleasure." Dick Dale

ive been using a behringer super fuzz $23 on amazon, i power it with a Danelectrode and it sounds great, you can really get alot of useful sounds out of it

http://dinosaurghost.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/DinosaurGhostBand
https://www.facebook.com/BigRyanGraphicDesign
http://60cyclehumpodcast.tumblr.com/

I received my Wright Sounds Fuzz-Stang today and I can't wait to try it out with the band tonight! I will most certainly post my thoughts about it as soon as I've tested it out Smile

"I don't know anything about an augmented ninth, or a 13th chord, and I don't give a crap. All I know is how to make my guitar scream with pain or pleasure." Dick Dale

I like what the Ghastly Ones do with fuzz and reverb as well as Poison Ivy's surfy garage fuzz sounds.. its more violin sounding with filtertrons
but single coils snarl

http://youtu.be/KS3tU4a2z3c

http://www.thenocturnebrain.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nocturne-Brain-Preamp-Zombies/240721872969

Goto Page: 1 2 Next
Top