SG101 on the Web

Follow SurfGuitar101 on Twitter
SG101 on YouTube

Shoutbox

bigtikidude: https://s3-u...
19 days ago

mom_surfing: doing some research on the belairs and found that the tune 'seed' by sublime has part of mr. moto in the guitar solo breaks
18 days ago

nielsjansen: Have you voted yet for the Surf Album Top 101? You have 11 days left to do so!
17 days ago

dp: <(")
17 days ago

DrNo: los straitjackets
16 days ago

Tuck: So it does, Mom!
16 days ago

Golddaddy: I am newbie to this website. Thanks
16 days ago

Outerwave_Allen: OUTERWAVE is looking for a new drummer. If you are in So. Cal. Call Allen at (714) 767-8576 Cool
15 days ago

Golddaddy: I wish SG101 would do another jassmaster giveaway :c.. When I found out about it, it was too late
6 days ago

Noel: Such events depend entirely on the generosity of others. Who knows what this year will bring?
3 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

IRC Status
  • brian

Join them in the #ShallowEnd!

Need help getting started?

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

SG101 MP3 Comps
Top 101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Suggestion Box »

Permalink Photos and info on guitars/gear played by the great Suf Guitarists past & present

Page 1 of 1

Nokie Edwards, Dick Dale and Hank Marvin. They are just a few of the great instrumental and surf guitar players who are still riding the wave in reverb drenched, whammy surfin' guitar mayhem. It would be cool to have a spotlight every month on a great guitarist with an emphasis on his guitar and his gear. Yes?

I don't think DD or Nokie have ever employed whammy but I could be wrong..

The style of Nokie and Hank has never been "reverb drenched", nor would it be described as mayhem.

It is a good idea, that you have. But all of the information is stored on this board somewhere, and all of their gear is pretty similar/really basic. What would be better is an in depth look into their songwriting and approach to timbre/phrasing/dynamics.

It's a great idea, but we are all just a bunch of volunteers and fans here. If you or anyone else wants to play journalist and collaborate on such a feature, I'd be glad to run it on the site.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

DISCLAIMER: My avatar is a reflection of the relationship between myself and computers, and should not be construed as any kind of comment on my fellow SG101'ers.

Wow! You guys sure know your surf. I agree, maybe on their playing and songwriting is a better idea.

"Man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day" - Confucius

Page 1 of 1