SG101 on the Web

Follow SurfGuitar101 on Twitter

PolloGuitar: OCtober 22, 2005 - One of the best surf music events ever, a tribute to DJ Phil Dirt on the event of his retirement. What an incredible night. so many great memories!
34 days ago

SurfNutDuke: Where's the surf music on fiberglass Jungle radio show lately?
34 days ago

simoncoil: Slowly loosing my mind over the mixing of the new record...
29 days ago

Brian: Testing... Confused
28 days ago

Surf_Skater: Happy Halloween!
27 days ago

wfoguy: just reset all the clocks.
26 days ago

mom_surfing: electric beach party starts in 20 minutes streaming on radiohattera...
17 days ago

Emilien03: BIG SUUUUUUURF! Cool
8 days ago

7 days ago

bigtikidude: Because they are always working, no breaks, they need a rest.
3 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Help us meet our monthly goal:

Donate Now

SG101 MP3 Comps

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Strymon El Capistan dTape Echo

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5

nowhereman wrote:

hello, here are some settings ....

the Sample

bump for tone magic

bump for the fact you know you need these settings.. Smile

Bump to thank all who blazed trail about settings and also contributed some advice, especially 'Nowhereman' and Mike for his demos & persistence. I finally went & played one at the shop now that they're a Strymon dealer and Holy Cow is this thing wonderful. Been cleaning up the detritus of previous GAS phases and will pick one up in the next week or 10 days.

One thing I did note (some advice from Ivan that turned out to be true) is to pay some attention to bass rolloff (secondary function on the Tape Age knob). Clockwise rolloff of some of the bass from the echoes lets the luxury flow longer without getting in the way of succeeding notes. I tested this in the shop and it makes a big difference. Really versatile pedal (unless you're someone in a Shadows tribute band with a dedicated box for that where every echo in front of everyone is well known, nearly down to the millisecond).

Didn't want to leave it behind in the store but they wanted something called $$$ so guess I'll force myself to go back. Plus there will now be more room on the board and, big benefit, a much shorter signal path between guitar and tank/amp.

Also, for search engine... For those on a really severe budget I've had a Behringer EM600 for awhile and it served very faithfully and has some nice features(it's going away along with the Voodoo Labs Trem and the Carbon Copy). Never once had a glitch with the EM600; it would seem that the company putting a QA/inspection presence physically in the town where it's made had an impact. One tip: Download the manual for the Line6 Echopark (that it's cloned after) - the EM600 manual is written in Chinglish and pretty tough - common syntax/grammar issues.

SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

The SG101 Reverb Wiki

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5