Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
319 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
246 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
246 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
166 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
145 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
113 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
107 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
67 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
15 hours ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
15 hours ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink BOSS FINK... Hot Rod, Surf & Fuzz!

Goto Page: Previous 1 211 12 13 14 1534 35 Next

Very cool! Truly appreciate the support! Roth lives.

BOSS FINK "R.P.M." available now from DOUBLE CROWN RECORDS!
www.facebook.com/BossFink
www.doublecrownrecords.com

shivers13 wrote:

Okay, thanks to all you finks that have been waiting patiently for some music from us. Here's our first original, 5TH HORSEMAN, a tribute to the pioneers of drag racing from the 60's. More to come!!!

I am seriously diggin this new sound.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Awesome!! Thanks Jeff!

shivers13 wrote:

Thanks! Yeah, Terry is playing the Tele. I thought a bit dryer, western feel with the second guitar worked nice for the tune, and you do hear Tele's on the 60's Hot Rod recordings like the Del-Fi stuff.

I'm playing a Jag, Bandmaster and tank for the reverbed guitar.

Works great! The two interweaving guitar sounds compliment each other well, especially at moments like the shit-hot Bakersfield solo being played over the single-noted, heavily reverbed rhythm guitar. It's like Tommy Tedesco, or Glen Campbell, sitting in with The Ghastly Ones. And on that note, any chance of some Hot Rod-style customization of tunes, live or studio, from the aformentioned top-hatted band's catalog?

Twisted Evil > Angel

Man, I like the sound of that! Thank you very much. I love all that Tedesco, Campbell and Billy Strange Hot Rod stuff. More originals coming!

This band RULE!!!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/THE-LONGBOARDS-Surf-Band-Official-site/194481570589133

Now reciently I was recording 13 Dragster songs...with DEL-FI records in my mind..
Yesterday in my home...i was listen this Band....and Wouou... Great Surprise too me...!!!
It,s dificult to me..get the real DEL-FI tone in the songs...Usually i.m without a lot f Reverb in the unit... Less Mixer..and more Showman.
But..yesterday i was listen a lot f Reverb in 57th Horseman sng...and get a lt f pwer...expecially in the Solo guitar..( a few seconds with a great POWER ENERGY).

I THINK ..it,s the moment of Drag - Instro !!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/THE-LONGBOARDS-Surf-Band-Official-site/194481570589133

Thanks Alfredo! I think if you want that dryer twangy Del-Fi type Hot Rod sound a Tele is a good bet, although I believe they used Jags and JM's on some stuff too. I also believe they recorded that stuff at a lower volume than you would with a Showman, perhaps using much smaller amps. For Terry's track we used a Tele through a Vibrolux with just a hint of reverb so it wasn't bone dry. Glad you dig it!

Last edited: Feb 06, 2013 14:19:50

I can't stop listening to this---I love it! I've been listening to the Surf Nuggets comp pretty much exclusively lately, and this stacks up in the energy and excitement you create. I'm glad there are still bands that remember what makes this music so cool. Great playing all around, and the new guy nails the solo! Boss Fink is BOSS!

Shivers, are you still working with the Ghastly Ones? Another fine band.

Either you surf, or you fight.

The Ghastly Ones are on hiatus at the moment. Garrett is gone most of the year working on Walking Dead in Atlanta. But to be honest, this band is what I'm really into doing right now. It's something I've been wanting to do for a while because I get to play guitar full time.

websurfer wrote:

I can't stop listening to this---I love it! I've been listening to the Surf Nuggets comp pretty much exclusively lately, and this stacks up in the energy and excitement you create. I'm glad there are still bands that remember what makes this music so cool. Great playing all around, and the new guy nails the solo! Boss Fink is BOSS!

Thanks Man! Very cool!

Jammin' at our secret lair in Finksville this weekend. Got a new boss drummer, code name: MARK. This is the best-est, finkiest line up yet! THINK FINK!

websurfer wrote:

+1 sounds fink-tastik!

http://blueruins.bandcamp.com

Thanks brother!!! Cheers!!!

Yeah, this sounds great. Looking forward to more

Peace to you, not on you

That's a great song with a great sound! Looking forward to hearing more. Are you still planning on releasing a 7" EP but with the new member lineup?

T H E ✠ S U R F I T E S

Thanks guys! Klas, yes a 4 song EP is in the works featuring the new lineup. It'll have 5th Horseman plus three other originals.

Really looking forward to the EP! Dig it!

Thanks Brad! I know some of you are Shawn Dickinson fans, so dig this new art he just did for us...

Goto Page: Previous 1 211 12 13 14 1534 35 Next