Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink what do you use for pedalboard ?

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

dp wrote:

i use ...the floor...but I usually only have 2 or 3 pedals...at most...

Me too. I've just always tended to be a pedal minimalist.

2012-2013: FILTHY POLAROIDS

No pedalboard...I have tried multieffet units but was never satisfied.

Bought one of the smaller Gator powered pedal boards.

METEOR IV on reverbnation

Have updated my pedalboard in the last few months:

Got rid of the Keeley-modded TS9 as it only worked on my Princeton Reverb and not the Bandmaster or Showman.

Fuzz is now inline with the others and plays well with 1,2, or all 3 on. Katana and Analog Delay are set up in a loop as a boost/solo for clean, dirty, crunch or fuzz.

Also added the Radial Bigshot ABY to switch between (usually) Bandmaster and Dr. Z or have them both on.

'65 Fender Tremolux, '74 Princeton; '80 Princeton Reverb
Dr. Z MAZ 18 Jr. + 1x12 Cab
Various Telecasters and noise-making pedals
Farfisa Compact Duo

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012 14:06:52

This has been a few years in the works, but I finally pulled the trigger. The last time I had an actual pedalboard was before I started playing surf/instro music exclusively nearly 18 years ago (the board was HUGE - I was playing in a 'shoegaze' band). Since then, I've only ever used one or two pedals, so I didn't need a board. For the past 15 years I've been using the Korg Dynamic Echo pedal, with very occasionally one other echo pedal (Line 6 Echo Park or Digitech Digidelay), and a Korg tuner pedal. But a year or two ago I picked up a Strymon El Capistan. It took me a while to get comfortable enough to use it live, which I did for the first time at the Instro Summit in May. Well, the final straw was talking to Ferenc about the Xotic EP Booster last week, and deciding to pick one up. I really like it, so now I was starting to have enough pedals to justify a pedalboard. I got a Pedaltrain Nano, and just wired it all up - and I gotta say that I'm quite happy! I'll be premiering the pedalboard at the Boat Cruise show in Milwaukee in nine days (not that I expect anybody in the audience to care!). Here it is:

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Last edited: Jul 03, 2013 15:40:12

I use a good old GORM with some modifications.

All our knowledge has its origins in our perceptions - Leonardo da Vinci

Since last year, I've updated my pedalboard slightly:

chorus pedal is gone, as I never used it. Tuner is now out of the signal path and uses one of the true-bypass sends, although given that I use the Snarks, it's a backup/just in case.

Picked up a Suhr Shiba Drive, and could see a mini pedalboard with that, an EP booster, and an El Cap which would work for almost every show - I like how Ivan has the tap tempo control as well on his - smart!

'65 Fender Tremolux, '74 Princeton; '80 Princeton Reverb
Dr. Z MAZ 18 Jr. + 1x12 Cab
Various Telecasters and noise-making pedals
Farfisa Compact Duo

I also built 2 boards using the IKEA Gorm method. Check out the pics. I switched to a Pedaltrain 2 Hardcase, because I play in a couple of bands. The only downside of the Pedaltrain is that it's almost as heavy as my Vibrolux...oh and this seems to be a VERY good power supply for a nice price:
Power Supply

The Hicadoolas

Last edited: Jul 04, 2013 07:33:55

This is the latest version on the Pedaltrain. I really dig this setup!

The Hicadoolas

It is nice to see those Sitori Sonic pedals on there. Made by a local musician here and fantastic pedals.

THE KBK ... This is the last known signal. We offer Sanctuary.

www.thekbk.com
http://www.deepeddy.net/artists/thekbk/
www.reverbnation.com/thekbk
www.facebook.com/thekbkal

killbabykill34 wrote:

It is nice to see those Sitori Sonic pedals on there. Made by a local musician here and fantastic pedals.

I also bought the Bass Fuzz (use it with the Theremin)...really good pedals, especially the delays are crazy. You have to play them to understand the quality. Worth every $.

The Hicadoolas

What pedal board?

ed__

Traditional........speak softly and play through a big blonde amp. Did I mention that I still like big blonde amps?

I simplified my life and now rely on Digitech RP355 or Fender Mustang Floor depending on what's necessary.

Happy Sunsets!

Playing in multiple bands tends to result in benign pedal board hyperplasia, that is a bigger board with more pedals. If your doing one type of music only a small board or none at all is good, but I'm now doing several genres and find myself contemplating either several specialty pedal boards or one big one, leaning to one bigger board and taking everything with me. Ya' just never know....

now I have only 1 pedal (again). an EHMX power booster. too many pedals makes me crazy and nervous. simple is best for me.

Enjoying the surf,sun and sand!!

Ivan,

I've been on the fence about the EP Booster for awhile now. How do you like it and how are you using it?

IvanP wrote:

This has been a few years in the works, but I finally pulled the trigger. The last time I had an actual pedalboard was before I started playing surf/instro music exclusively nearly 18 years ago (the board was HUGE - I was playing in a 'shoegaze' band). Since then, I've only ever used one or two pedals, so I didn't need a board. For the past 15 years I've been using the Korg Dynamic Echo pedal, with very occasionally one other echo pedal (Line 6 Echo Park or Digitech Digidelay), and a Korg tuner pedal. But a year or two ago I picked up a Strymon El Capistan. It took me a while to get comfortable enough to use it live, which I did for the first time at the Instro Summit in May. Well, the final straw was talking to Ferenc about the Xotic EP Booster last week, and deciding to pick one up. I really like it, so now I was starting to have enough pedals to justify a pedalboard. I got a Pedaltrain Nano, and just wired it all up - and I gotta say that I'm quite happy! I'll be premiering the pedalboard at the Boat Cruise show in Milwaukee in nine days (not that I expect anybody in the audience to care!). Here it is:

deadlands wrote:

Ivan,

I've been on the fence about the EP Booster for awhile now. How do you like it and how are you using it?

deadlands, there's some discussion of the Xotic EP Booster here, and I talk about my (so far fairly limited) experience with it. Hope that helps.

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Last edited: Jul 05, 2013 08:49:37

I've never used more than one pedal at a time. So I've never used a pedal board. Honestly it just looks like too much stuff to lug out to a gig and too much stuff to worry about remembering to pack. I don't even like to bring an extra guitar to a gig. But that's just me. I subscribe to the Mike Bloomfield camp when it comes to gear.

But I guess it could be fun to collect pedals and alter your tone some. It's cheaper than buying a bunch of amps right?

This is a serious question.
Do you guys with more than 5 pedals get confused where you're putting your foot in a dark bar?

"as he stepped into the stealthy night air... little did he know the fire escape was not there"

https://www.facebook.com/reluctantaquanauts/
https://www.facebook.com/TheDragstripVipers/

Thanks, Ivan! That was indeed helpful. I just needed someone in the surf community who's tone I love to say it's a great pedal. I went ahead and ordered one.

IvanP wrote:

deadlands wrote:

Ivan,

deadlands, there's some discussion of the Xotic EP Booster here, and I talk about my (so far fairly limited) experience with it. Hope that helps.

I have a Brady Cases flight case style board. It's huge! I sometimes hate the size, but it's so roomy and comfortable. No missed pedal steps. But it's a PITA on small stages.

Just got the EP Booster and it does indeed sound as good as everyone says.

Chain goes as thus:
Tuner -> Subdecay Spring Theory (set to room) -> Lovepedal Les Luis -> Blackarts Toneworks Pharoah -> Durham Crazy Horse -> Frederic Fuzzrite clone -> Boss DM-2 Analog Delay -> Xotic EP Booster -> Strymon El Capistan -> Triode 6G15 clone -> Malekko Vibrato -> Toneczar Powerglide Tremolo -> amp

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013 16:45:00

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next