Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink 'The Break'

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

the hoodoo gurus too ?!!!!!. i'm so jealous.

www.surfintheeye.com

mom_surfing
the hoodoo gurus too ?!!!!!. i'm so jealous.

Hi mom_surfing! Yes, they put on a great show too. Now you know how I feel when you go to your super duper SG101 conventions, while I'm home mowing the lawn Wink

Tim O
oestmann guitar

tunes

clips

Very Happy

(i mowed mine yesterday)

www.surfintheeye.com

have to mow mine today.

Latest review of The Break Brisbane show here.

Also, the Winkipop film-clip competition is down to six fantastic finalists I personally like a few them too - check them out. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Winner announced: May 24.
(my entry exploded on the launch pad in a small puff of smoke )

Wink

"Church of the Open Sky" is still very listen-able after many rotations.

Tim O
oestmann guitar

tunes

clips

Thinkin of catching them when they are next in Melbourne, which I think is in early June - June 13 is when they play closest to me, will try to get to that one.

https://www.facebook.com/lostremoleros/

Caught onto this late, really cool stuff. I'll have to break down and buy the CD.

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Look what just arrived via airmail from Australia!

direct from JB Hi Fi:
http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/music/alternative/church-of-the-open-sky-signed-copy/512267

DP - now we can compare notes Wink

Tim O
oestmann guitar

tunes

clips

I've been soooo fence-riding on buying this from AUS with so many other titles still piling up in my "to get" list.

On a whim, I checked Amazon this morning and see "This title will be released June 8, 2010"

Pre-order in the cart still shows up as the import price, but I have to wonder if this is the sign of a real North Amer release in the near future?!?!

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

so far...I've only listened to it 3 times all-the-way-through, but seems to be worth every Australian cent...

The Break is definite evidence of evolution in the ongoing development of surf music: their tunes are cinematic in their design.

My twin step-daughters rode around in the Jeep with me yesterday listening to The Break while we traveled to their softball game...and then to lunch in the nearby snow mountains.

Here are a few of their impressions:

"This one sounds like someone trapped in the desert with a broken car and no food or water..."

"What is that noise? Is it the car wheels? ...are we driving in swamp water and mud but not getting stuck?"

"That sounds like shopping carts smashing together..."

"Now THAT one really sounds like someone lost in the desert..."

"That one sounds like another planet in space that you live on and can make up the planet's name..."

"There is that noise again...we are driving in water again...or is it a swarm of bees?"

I heard a lot of stuff on this cd, but their comments were cracking me up...

The Breaks cd is definitely surf, and definitely experimental to a certain extant...I really need to spin it a few more time before I can really provide helpful feedback...i can say this right now: I'm digging it immensely!

Twin step-daughters commentary is great! Thanks for the preliminary endorsement. If the rest of the album anything close to being as good as that track "Cylinders", sounds like the the import route for instant (relatively speaking) gratification is the right choice.

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

Whoot! Whoot! Lucky day. Just found out I've got a colleague from Sydney coming to the states next week, stashing a copy in his suitcase for me. Can't wait!

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

The Break played on an Australian quiz show (recorded a month or so ago) and aired on our TV a couple of days ago. The majority of the music is part of the quiz itself and the beginning interview is about a 'midnight oil' experience. Thanks to "hirmogrot " who uploaded it here:
The Break on Spicks and Specks

Tim O
oestmann guitar

tunes

clips

What a cool idea, surf versions of famous songs for the contestants to guess at. Thanks for posting.

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

that is a really funny clip. "Is that Wipe Out?"

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

dp
imageLook what just arrived via airmail from Australia!

I just got back from a week in Atlanta and a CD looking exactly like this was waiting for me in the mail! Whoo-whooo!! Really looking forward to checking it out.

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Ivan: I am digesting mine slowly...like a great Ecuadorian chocolate...a little at a time...

I can say this: I love this ground-breaking surf combo...The Break is expanding the definition of "surf" and I for one am appreciative and enthusiastic! Very creative and well-done "concept" album...almost Quadrophenia-esque...in a surf sense...

still listening...and hoping for a USA visit soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21J_jz8VG9Y

The Break: Phobos-Grunt

Man or Astroman meets The Shadows meets Pete Townshend and Keith Moon in the back alley behind the International Space Station?

oestmann
The Break on Spicks and Specks

I finally got a chance to check this out. These guys are incredible. I'm definitely a fan. I love the synth-organ sounds.

Science friction burns my fingers.

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next