SG101 on the Web

Follow SurfGuitar101 on Twitter
SG101 on YouTube

Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

dp: <(")
20 days ago

DrNo: los straitjackets
19 days ago

Tuck: So it does, Mom!
19 days ago

Golddaddy: I am newbie to this website. Thanks
19 days ago

Outerwave_Allen: OUTERWAVE is looking for a new drummer. If you are in So. Cal. Call Allen at (714) 767-8576 Cool
18 days ago

Golddaddy: I wish SG101 would do another jassmaster giveaway :c.. When I found out about it, it was too late
9 days ago

Noel: Such events depend entirely on the generosity of others. Who knows what this year will bring?
6 days ago

bigtikidude: http://surfg... HB pier schedule for summer 2014
3 days ago

tubeswell: Where are the other shallow-enders today?
1 day ago

bigtikidude: Easter Holiday weekend
22 hours ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

SG101 MP3 Comps
Top 101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink FUZZY AND WILD... here comes the FUZZ!

New Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

That would be a killer comp for sure.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

It would be great if someone put that out. Just one question: would it have to be an exclusive track for the compilation, or an existing song from the band's album?

"flash don't make cash" - Steve Cropper

Born Losers on facebook
Born Losers on bandcamp
The Excitements on facebook
The Kongsmen on facebook

Daniel_Loser wrote:

It would be great if someone put that out. Just one question: would it have to be an exclusive track for the compilation, or an existing song from the band's album?

I think that exclusive tracks specifically for the compilation would be the better option. A whole new album that no one has ever heard, full of fuzz madness would be sweet! But a release that compiles existing tracks from the artist's album would be cool too. It's that something completely new sounds better to me.

The Deadbeats

bigtikidude wrote:

That would be a killer comp for sure.

I think so too!

I think if a fuzz compilation were to happen it would be cool to have pre-existing tracks so you can include bands that aren't around anymore.

"Think Fink" Ed "Big Daddy" Roth
https://www.facebook.com/BossFink

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012 08:37:56

Here's a groovy Biker-Fuzz theme from the film CYCLE SAVAGES by The Cycle-Mates. Not Davie Allen from what I know, but the soundtrack was produced by Jerry Styner who worked with Mike Curb and also composed stuff for the Beach Party flicks. Dig it!

"Think Fink" Ed "Big Daddy" Roth
https://www.facebook.com/BossFink

That Cycle-Mates tune reminds me so much of Finland's the Hypnomen.

Reverb, It's A Way Of Life!

oh yeah,
If there is to be a comp of modern fuzz bands,
I would recommend the Hypnomen too. "The Pendulum" is a killer song.
Taken from the Monster Party 2000 cd compilation.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2012 11:08:57

Ted & I have been discussing him doing a fuzz show on RFB since last summer.

Radio Free Bakersfield--60 Minutes of TWANG, CRUNCH, OOMPH.
http://radiofreebakersfield.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Radio-Free-Bakersfield/172410279636
http://www.sandiegojoe.com/rfb.htm

shivers13 wrote:

bigtikidude wrote:

That would be a killer comp for sure.

I think so too!

I think if a fuzz compilation were to happen it would be cool to have pre-existing tracks so you can include bands that aren't around anymore.

That would be a good idea actually. Some Vice Barons stuff perhaps?

shivers13 wrote:

Here's a groovy Biker-Fuzz theme from the film CYCLE SAVAGES by The Cycle-Mates. Not Davie Allen from what I know, but the soundtrack was produced by Jerry Styner who worked with Mike Curb and also composed stuff for the Beach Party flicks. Dig it!

This tune is pretty cool. Jerry Styner's stuff for The Arrows usually had organ on there, ha!

bigtikidude wrote:

oh yeah,
If there is to be a comp of modern fuzz bands,
I would recommend the Hypnomen too. "The Pendulum" is a killer song.
Taken from the Monster Party 2000 cd compilation.

Wow! These guys really nailed, Davie's modern stuff with this song. Sounds great! I still need to check out this compilation.

WhorehayRFB wrote:

Ted & I have been discussing him doing a fuzz show on RFB since last summer.

Nice! I'm sure you fellas will come up with something good.

The Deadbeats

Here's a rockin' fuzz garage tune I came across yesterday.

-Damon.

Davie Allan's new cd retrophonic 3, for sale info here:
http://surfguitar101.com/news/story/739/

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Just came across this killer tune today. I'm not a huge fuzz fan myself, but this is just a really rad tune.

-Damon.

Damon,
Mad 3 cover Invader on their 1999 album God Fuzzer. I had no idea it was a cover.I also have it on 45 record [no image of that] but here's the God Fuzzer album.image Mad 3's version is way more chaotic trust me, hence their name Mad 3!!! I wish it was up on YouTube to prove it but... Thanks for posting.

Reverb, It's A Way Of Life!

bigtikidude wrote:

oh yeah,
If there is to be a comp of modern fuzz bands,
I would recommend the Hypnomen too. "The Pendulum" is a killer song.
Taken from the Monster Party 2000 cd compilation.

I love this track!!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

DISCLAIMER: My avatar is a reflection of the relationship between myself and computers, and should not be construed as any kind of comment on my fellow SG101'ers.

brandonio wrote:

Damon,
Mad 3 cover Invader on their 1999 album God Fuzzer. I had no idea it was a cover.I also have it on 45 record [no image of that] but here's the God Fuzzer album.image Mad 3's version is way more chaotic trust me, hence their name Mad 3!!! I wish it was up on YouTube to prove it but... Thanks for posting.

Interesting, would love to hear that.

-Damon.

Scum doesn't play but "sickle girl" is fantastic. I now realize the genius of the perfect pop tune! Thanks to you and your Angry Breed, Klas.

Klas wrote:

image
Since a year or so, we have a side project going called The Angry Breed. All instro, all fuzz, all originals. Check out "Scum On Wheels" from an upcoming various artists release:

The Angry Breed "Scum On Wheels"

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Top