Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Pic's of your pets I know there are some animal lovers here!

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next

big_papu

IvanP
Speaking of bunnies:

mmmmmmmmmmm....I really don´t want to clean the litter box of this bunny Laughing

Rabbit turds the size of golf balls Shocked

Thunder, my Husky, German Shepherd, Wolf dog, he's tied down, because he's afraid of bright lights and lound noises. He wouldn't wait for the picture because of the flash. Thunder storms scare the crap out of him.

He likes to hide under our shed.

Sonichris
I also like to think that all early 60's fender equipment is happy to be playing surf music again. After all, its the music it was meant to play.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008 14:40:08

Looks like a nice guy.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Ahh, I left out the description. He's a great dog, lives outside, he's like 3 feet tall, 5 feet long, and like 90 pounds. He's 12 years old, but as healthy as he was as a younger dog. He's just more lazy now. He still outruns me, and I'm pretty fast. If he doesn't know you, he'll bark so loud it wakes me up sometimes. If he knows you, he'll act like a puppy. Whenever I feed him in the morning, he looks at me with a big face and big eyes saying thank you. That can make my day sometimes. Smile

Sonichris
I also like to think that all early 60's fender equipment is happy to be playing surf music again. After all, its the music it was meant to play.

I should be so healthy when I'm his age. Smile

Kman1
Ahh, I left out the description. He's a great dog, lives outside, he's like 3 feet tall, 5 feet long, and like 90 pounds. He's 12 years old, but as healthy as he was as a younger dog. He's just more lazy now. He still outruns me, and I'm pretty fast. If he doesn't know you, he'll bark so loud it wakes me up sometimes. If he knows you, he'll act like a puppy. Whenever I feed him in the morning, he looks at me with a big face and big eyes saying thank you. That can make my day sometimes. Smile

You mentioned wolf dog, does he actually have wolf in him? There is alot of controversy over these hybrids. I have a friend who has a husky/timberwolf mix hybrid, vets won't vaccinate them, and if they are picked up they can be immediately youthanized, just for being a suspected wolf hybrid. His dog is a great dog, but it is kind of a sketchy situation for the dog.

he's tied down, because he's afraid of bright lights and lound noises. He wouldn't wait for the picture because of the flash. Thunder storms scare the crap out of him.

Looks like you need a little help from Cesar!! PSHHHHHT!!!

BTW do any of you guys watch this guy?

I dont know if he really is, but he seems like it. He hunts, with no training at all. Last night he killed a big raccoon. BTW Tonetti, he's vaccinated.

Sonichris

I have had two Wolf Hybrids, around 50% or so. They were both very good dogs. I think folks run into problems if they don't treat them like one of the family. And neither one of mine had alpha tendencies, some hard core hybrid owners would go as far as biting a higher-percentage animal on the neck if it challenged them.

A friend told me a story of a family that adopted a fairly high percentage one (that was apparently very large). It was great with the family and very smart. When they left the house one time, a burgler broke into the garage, the dog killed the burgler, and they were forced to have it put down. Not fair I say!

THe NEpTuNeS

^He killed a criminal so they killed him? That's dumb, if a person did it, they wouldn't kill them. Thunder doesn't really have Alpha tendencies, when he was younger, he used to jump on people's back, I think it was playfully. He actually has a twin sister. She looks closer to a Husky than him. When they were reunited, with the fence between them, Thunder scared her away. They tried to bring her to the fence so they could sniff each other, but she had her tail between her legs, and they were practically choking her trying to pull her to the fence. Eventually, I think he realized it was her, because his bark started getting more of a whine, and he was running around his pen, which is like over a thousand square feet, trying to find her. They came all the way from Jersey to down here in VB to see their old dog, they must really love him. Thunder is pretty destructive, we give him scraps, instead of dumping food in the garbage disposal. He broke through his previous owners garage door like twice, busted a set of boat chains he was tied down with, and likes to dig up our AC unit.

Sonichris

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008 19:04:04

surfneptune
I have had two Wolf Hybrids, around 50% or so. They were both very good dogs. I think folks run into problems if they don't treat them like one of the family. And neither one of mine had alpha tendencies, some hard core hybrid owners would go as far as biting a higher-percentage animal on the neck if it challenged them.

A friend told me a story of a family that adopted a fairly high percentage one (that was apparently very large). It was great with the family and very smart. When they left the house one time, a burgler broke into the garage, the dog killed the burgler, and they were forced to have it put down. Not fair I say!

I agree, not fair at all.

I beleive my buddies hybrid is 50% and it is one of the sweetest dogs I know. She needs complete attention though, when they go off to work she is very destructive to the house/yard etc.. They must be treated like a family member. My dog is a Malamute/Husky mix, and she is very very temperamental, If we dont take her somewhere with us she sulks for almost a day. She will just ignore us, unless it is feeding time. We try and include her with us on everything possible. She is very spoiled. My wife is a stay at home mom, so my dog has pretty much full attention when she needs it, and I take her with me all of the time when I get off of work. But god forbid I work late.... She gives me this look, like a look of disgust, If she could talk, I'm sure I'd get an earfull!! That said, she is a part of our pack, and she gets treated as one of the family, I couldnt ask for better dog.

Kman1
^He killed a criminal so they killed him? That's dumb, if a person did it, they wouldn't kill them. Thunder doesn't really have Alpha tendencies, when he was younger, he used to jump on people's back, I think it was playfully. He actually has a twin sister. She looks closer to a Husky than him. When they were reunited, with the fence between them, Thunder scared her away. They tried to bring her to the fence so they could sniff each other, but she had her tail between her legs, and they were practically choking her trying to pull her to the fence. Eventually, I think he realized it was her, because his bark started getting more of a whine, and he was running around his pen, which is like over a thousand square feet, trying to find her. They came all the way from Jersey to down here in VB to see their old dog, they must really love him. Thunder is pretty destructive, we give him scraps, instead of dumping food in the garbage disposal. He broke through his previous owners garage door like twice, busted a set of boat chains he was tied down with, and likes to dig up our AC unit.

How often do you guys walk him? A board and unexcercized dog can be a destructive dog! At least 1 walk a day may cut back on the destructive behavior. If thunder has husky in him, he would have more energy that some dogs, and the only to expell that energy is good daily walks, you might even want to weight him down a bit. I would be willing to bet that with some more attention, and daily walks he would be less destructive. Plus this is a great reason to get outside, and get some fresh air. By the way, chicks dig young dudes with cute dogs....

I don't know much about wolf-dogs but the ones I've encountered were pretty amazing animals. Smart, fiercely loyal to their owners and magnificent physical specimens.

Yeah, they do. I actually don't walk him. We have an acre of land, he just walks himself, or runs around with me.

Sonichris

tonetti
By the way, chicks dig young dudes with cute dogs....

You're giving away all of my secrets.

synchro

tonetti
By the way, chicks dig young dudes with cute dogs....

You're giving away all of my secrets.

I have also found that chicks, do indeed, dig older dudes with cute dogs, well, er, maybe now that I think about it, they just dig the dog.8O

I'm afraid Thunder would chase them off. It makes me feel bad when he does something wrong and sits there content thinking he did a good deed. The worst thing I've ever done to him is hit his nose pretty hard after he killed a baby bird. I was like 11, and I cried a bit after that, he friggen gored that thing. It makes me a bit sad thinking about it, but he meant best. BTW Synchro, about loyalty, you're right. My little brother and my dad in separate situations, at different times, were knocking on skylights scaring away vultures that come to out yard. Both times they said Thunder came to the window whining and howling. When they reached out to show they were fine they said he got happy and hyper.

Sonichris

tonetti
I have also found that chicks, do indeed, dig older dudes with cute dogs, well, er, maybe now that I think about it, they just dig the dog.8O

Bingo. Smile

Kman1
I'm afraid Thunder would chase them off. It makes me feel bad when he does something wrong and sits there content thinking he did a good deed. The worst thing I've ever done to him is hit his nose pretty hard after he killed a baby bird. I was like 11, and I cried a bit after that, he friggen gored that thing. It makes me a bit sad thinking about it, but he meant best. BTW Synchro, about loyalty, you're right. My little brother and my dad in separate situations, at different times, were knocking on skylights scaring away vultures that come to out yard. Both times they said Thunder came to the window whining and howling. When they reached out to show they were fine they said he got happy and hyper.

I can only imagine. Dogs, and most other animals for that matter, seem to have a very strong sense of when something abnormal is going on. Even my cats, who are at times indifferent, will take note quickly if they think I'm in some sort of distress. One of the most touching sights I've ever seen was when a friend's small dog had a seizure at my house. He had been playing with my cat and when he started to have his seizure my cat when over and started licking his face, trying to help.

That's deep. I kind of believe animals can sense the supernatural. Often, Thunder has sat there barking at an empty field. I do live in Virginia, so maybe some Civil War spirits haunting my yard? And I didn't know dogs could have seizures.

Sonichris

Kman1
I didn't know dogs could have seizures.

Anything can have seizures if it "falls down the stairs" enough times. Smile

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next