Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » SG101 Podcast »

Permalink Episode #4 Now Available!

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Check it out: Podcast Page.

Thanks Lady Reverb and Danny!

SG101!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

What no comments?

I love it. And again, I think the interview segment is what really makes the podcast distinguished from others. I hope we can keep doing that.

Thanks Brian. Lady Reverb monitors this thread and would always appreciate some feedback from everyone.

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

it is the weekend, some people do go out and do stuff, so they might not be able to listen to it right away.
I will listen on sunday evening or monday.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Nice work Danny and Lady Reverb!! I'm looking forward to listening to the rest of The Madeira interview

Ryan
The Secret Samurai Website
The Secret Samurai on Facebook

Smile Great job with the Pod Cast u guys. I love hearing these things. There's more of the Madeira interview? Razz I just gotta say, i love hearing all the music but the Interviews is what I really like, I wonder who the next interview will be with Hmmm Anyways keep up the good work Thumbs Up

The Deadbeats

next interview: abraham of the deadbeats!

Science friction burns my fingers.

Being a total trad. freak - I really liked this one - you even played a couple I didn't know. There is something comforting when you see a list of songs that include a whole bunch of your personal favorites! Validation, I guess....

I need to re-listen to the interview - I listened to the whole thing at work on the stereo at the bike shop, and couldn't listen closely enough.

Great job guys - how about for a future episode - "Best of the SG101 comps"?

"You can't tell where you're going if you don't know where you've been"

Great job, guys. The podcasts keep getting better & better. Lady reverb, you're a natural at this. And Danny... I love your song Argosy. Our band added Chronosurf to our play list. Now we may have to add Argosy as well.

Thanks for keeping the Podcasts alive!

CUTBACK

Hey Thanks for including the Neptunes in an awesome podcast!!!!

tom

THe NEpTuNeS

My only quibble is choosing "Phil's Dirt" from that Woodies CD. Why not the Swami, Mavericks, or any of the other great tracks? The shout-out to Phil was nice though.

Awesome new podcast comrades! Wink Very cool deal mixing it up this time with a mostly-trad tracklist. There were lots of songs on this one that I hadn't heard before. (I blaspheme: I hadn't even heard the original Fender IV version of Margaya yet Embarassed )

The interview was a definite highlight yet again. Both interesting and entertaining. Given this teaser introduction to "Sound of the Surf," maybe Tom Duncan or John Blair would be worthy next candidates? Hmmm I'm pretty desperate to hear more about this project.

And yeah I heard that comment at the end of the interview... Have I just been commissioned? Razz

Lady Reverb and Danny

Enjoyed the Podcast. Great mix of music and interesting interview. Thanks for your efforts!

Wooza - the mantel has fallen on your shoulders from the great ones of surf. Wink

Tim O
oestmann guitar

tunes

clips

Just listened to the entire podcast - another winner! Well, the interview at least - the rest is ho-hum. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Seriously, GREAT choice of songs, and excellent job again by Lady Reverb! I'm really starting to get used - or maybe the word addicted would be more accurate - to her voice and manner. I very much hope the podcasts keep coming at a regular clip. Thanks so much for doing the interview, Danny - and excellent editing job! (There were MANY disruptions - most of them out of our control - and equipment malfunctions during the interview, and what you hear took about three times as long to record!)

Thanks, Danny and Adrienne, we all really owe you BIG! Really cool stuff.

PS Wooza - make us proud!! Very Happy

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Great episode, good selection of music. I am starting to look forward to these things! Keep up the great work.

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

Just listened to the 4th podcast, and as usual, thoroughly enjoyed it! I do love the interviews. That's probably the primary thing that makes this podcast so special. Though, I can't say enough about song choice. Wise picks.

Keep up the great work!! Looking forward to the next!

Lady Reverb - I have one question though...what IS that tune that's playing behind you when you talk. I know that I know it but I don't quite know where I know it from...if you know what I mean.

Anyone help???

Tim O
oestmann guitar

tunes

clips

Tim, it's the Bitch Boys, "Snowman" (from their covers album, can't think of its name now).

The song was a theme for a British TV show, and has been covered many times by many bands. An amazingly haunted melody. My favorite version is by Rainbow from '83, though. Ritchie gets in a couple of scorching hot solos....

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Ivan

Thank you!

Tim

Tim O
oestmann guitar

tunes

clips

Snowman talk has moved to Shallow End. Carry on....

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Goto Page: 1 2 Next