Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Best-Of SG101 »

Permalink Eddie "Mr. Rebel" Bertrand in the news

Goto Page: Previous 1 210 11 12 13 14 Next

Brian

Jon
I've read through this whole thread, and I know it's been said before, but how cool is it that Eddie Bertrand posts on this site?

It is very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very cool. Cool

Agree Worship

-Kyle

Beyond The Surf YouTube channel
Beyond The Surf Instagram
The Verbtones @ Instagram
The Verbtones @ Facebook
The Verbtones @ bandcamp

Just a reminder, there a limited number of tickets available for this event. It will sell out. Do not wait till the last minute.

Eddie Bertrand and The Eliminators Surf Band

June, 29 2008 at Hermosa Beach Surf Legends Gateway Fountain Event
Sangria - 68 Pier Ave, Hermosa Beach, California 90254
Cost : $35 in advance $45 at the door.

Leadership Hermosa Beach’s class of 2008 is pleased to announce they will be hosting an event to support the Hermosa Beach Surf Legends Gateway Fountain project. The proceeds from this exciting Surf themed event will go towards the commissioning of a beautiful bronze fountain statue designed by artist Phil Roberts. The location of the fountain will be at the Hermosa Beach Community Center on the southwest corner of Pacific Coast Highway and Pier Ave. This location is Hermosa Beach’s Gateway to the City and the fountain will be a monument to our city’s surfing heritage. The event will include fabulous food, a no host bar, two popular surf bands, “The Eliminators”, along with surf guitar legend Eddie Bertrand, and local band “Thin Ice”, featuring Body Glove’s own Russ Lesser, surf videos and an incredible silent auction. The event will be held this summer at Sangria at 68 Pier Avenue, on Sunday June 29th, from 2pm to 7pm. Tickets go on sale for $35.00 before the event and $ 45.00 at the door. For more information about silent auction items, the event, sponsorship, tickets or the artist go to: http://www.HBSurflegends.org

Eddie and The Eliminators hard at work for the June 29th show in Hermosa Beach. Top Left, Joe Kurkowski. Top right, Bill Swanson, Lower left on drums, Doug Harlow. Lower center, Eddie. To Eddies Fight, Frank Hughes-Bass.

The El Sonido with the Stoke at "10"

A few tickets are still left for this Sunday.

HBkahuna
imageEddie and The Eliminators hard at work for the June 29th show in Hermosa Beach. Top Left, Joe Kurkowski. Top right, Bill Swanson, Lower left on drums, Doug Harlow. Lower center, Eddie. To Eddies Fight, Frank Hughes-Bass.

The El Sonido with the Stoke at "10"

Such a cool, kick ass pic! Dig the dimed Stoke. Thanks Tim!

Awesome to have you here and this is one of the best threads.

I'm curious what the other two amps are in the corners that appear to be brown era tolex. I can't make it out and it could be the lighting.

I love the El Sonido in Oxblood, I went with Rough Blonde w/wheat. Man, do I like that Oxblood.

Amps always seem to be the neglected half of the equation. But I love them.

Peace to you, not on you

Left is a Fender Concert Amp. Right is a Fender Acoustasonic. The show today was off the hook. I'll let BTD do the review.

what? , my ears are still ringing.
So Eddie called me and guilted me into going.
Wink j/k

I am really glad that I went.
the Eliminators by themselves were on fire.
with Eddie was just amazing.

the sound was huge, and perfect.
like a glimpse back in time.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Things started off great. When we arrived, the parking Nazi would not let us in the lot to park in our reserved spots behind the club to unload. He did the talk to the hand bit on me while I was explaining who we were & why were were there. Bad start. Why this clown made such an issue over this is a mystery. Anyway, we got in & unloaded a ton of gear.

When the bands arrived, the stage are was still being lit for the movie (Sound Of The Surf) filming. Stage was very small. Somehow, the movie crew, Eddie & The Eliminators got their gear set up & made the whole thing work.

For those who were not there, you may have missed the performance of the decade. Eddie & The Eliminators rehearsed their asses off for this show and once on stage TORE IT UP! I shot video but it belongs to Sound of The Surf. Can't wait to see this movie!

Big Tiki Dude Jeff and Baja Marty "The One Man Party" were an unbelievable amount of help loading & unloading band gear, setting up & tearing down. Thanks a million guys.

Here are some still pics during set up.

a friggin wall of blond Fender amps.
what a site to behold.
and the sound was spot on too.

Tim,
you and the Elims and Eddie are welcome,
it was my pleasure to help out, and be part of this awesome day.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Just read this whole thread in one sitting - it's been a real good read and an education - looking forward to what happens next!

Tim O
oestmann guitar

tunes

clips

a friggin wall of blond Fender amps.
what a site to behold.

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN SMELL THEM TUBES BURNIN' FROM HERE IN PITTSBURGH

Peace to you, not on you

Eddie's playing 8 songs at the sg101 convention,
4 with other bands, and 4 with the Eliminators.

please come check it out.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Eddie good to see that your playing again Love your music I seen your videos of your performances Great Very Happy

Bump!!!

Eddie doing his thing last winter for those who missed it.

http://blip.tv/file/811753

I've been meaning to bump this thread for a while now, and kept getting side tracked. Anywho, it's not too late.

BUMP

Surely people still have fresh memories of the recent benefit concert for Eddie. ...and chances are you all see the Bulletin on the front page of this site that reminds you it's not too late to donate.

If you weren't able to attend the event (like me), or haven't donated already and need a reason to... well, I encourage you to read this threat from the start. Sure he's made some of the most memorable music of this genre, but a little time spent reading this thread and you get a sense of the dude. I for one am impressed with his humble kindness and diligence / respect to respond to each and every person and question. Whole new insight to who Eddie is as a person.

(( Hope recovery is continuing to go well, Eddie! ))

ps - I'm not savvy enough to sort out how to make a slick embedded donate button right here, so if you are so inclined to donate, go back to the home page and press the button!

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

Last edited: Mar 05, 2011 08:29:39

Glad you bumped this. The donations stopped coming in shortly before the benefit show. But the account is still active and you can still donate to Eddie's cause through the button on the front page.

I recently dug up enough dinero to hire an engineer to prepare and mix sound and there are Eddie clips at the front of the queue. Very excited because Eddie's performance at SG101 convention 2008 was nothing short of spectacular and will be available on Youtube before long. Eddie really knocked it out of the park that day.

td

Sound of the Surf, the movie
Facebook SOTS

bump

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Is the donation account still active? I was going to buy some extra CDs to listen to during rehabilitation, but I'd rather donate the money to Eddie if I can. Thanks.

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Goto Page: Previous 1 210 11 12 13 14 Next