Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink reverb.com--anyone buy from them??

Page 1 of 1

Has anyone here ever bought anything off of Reverb.Com?? Good luck or bad luck??

Just made my first purchase thru that site. Getting a Squier Duo-Sonic thru them. Price is very fair, free shipping and the guitar is supposed to be in near mint condition. Hoping so!

Enjoying the surf,sun and sand!!

My son in law has sold and bought several items off Reverb.com and never had a problem.

Good to know. I'm tired of the big on-line stores.

Reverb.com isn't a 'them'. Reverb.com is a collection of sellers both private and established guitar shops. It is a fantastic alternative to ebay with lower seller fees and buyer protection.

Always pay attention to a seller's feedback, and closely study the photos for flaws.

Gathered all that Jake before I posted my question. I checked the sellers feedback and looked over the guitar pictures real good!! Everything looked fine to me. Decided to give the site a shot. Was just wondering if anyone here had practical experience with 'them'. You're backing 'em up is a very positive sign!! Thanks!! Thumbs Up

Last edited: Oct 04, 2015 23:36:42

I think it's a currently great site. I've sold a couple of Strats and Uke's on this site and I found the buyers to be awesome folks as well. The sites tech personnel are really helpful too. Hope you have a great experience with your purchase.

Last edited: Oct 04, 2015 23:40:52

The local vintage guitar store I use to sell gear uses Reverb.com every day with a lot of success. Evidently there is a lot of traffic on Reverb, both individuals and dealers.

Jack
aka WoodyJ

The Mariners (1964-68, 1996-2005)
The Hula Hounds (1996-current)
The X-Rays (1997-2004)
The Surge! (2004, 2011-2012)
Various non-surf bands that actually made money
(1978-1990)

Yeah, I think Reverb has been doing really well as a more cost-effective alternative to eBay. I've actually sold more than I've bought there, but I've sold quite a bit and it's all gone really well.

The Mystery Men?
El Capitan and The Reluctant Sadists
SSS Agent #31

I've used it. The experience was good. I bought from a private seller there, not a shop.

I just picked up a vintage cab from Chicago Music Exchange via Reverb.com. Was smooth and easy. I'll definitely use it again.

I have purchased from them a few times with great results. I even won one of their pedal contests. I believe Chicago Music Exchange owns Reverb.com

I bought my Mosrite and Maggie pedal on reverb.com and had very good experiences with both transactions. The site is superior emporium for selling just music gear than any other out there like eBay. I would have bought my SGV more easily if it been listed on reverb.com rather than eBay but the seller and I circumvented the system by making a local cash deal.
I'm glad there is an alternative to eBay just for axes.

Squink Out!

Reverb is great. I've bought a lot of stuff off the site and all transactions have been really smooth. On top of that, they attract a lot of small boutique pedal builders that put out some great stuff. I've recently discovered Vick Audio and Smiletone. Cool stuff with very reasonable pricing.

Either you surf, or you fight.

What Jake summarized. I recently picked up an old (but mint) Demeter Tremulator (the red knob one) from a seller there and had a flawless transaction - Thumbs-up. (My local PO didn't even lose it, which is really something.)

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

i love reverb, prices are ok if you are buying but they are great if you are selling. its a great gear culture over there.

http://dinosaurghost.bandcamp.com/
http://sixtycyclehum.podbean.com

My reverb item arrived today. Perfect shape, well packed and on time. This guitar was in virtually new shape. No marks or dings. I'm a happy camper!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Good bye to the big online stores! Twisted Evil

Last edited: Oct 07, 2015 12:48:55

Yep. Like my transactions there. I give Reverb.com merchants two Thums Up!image

Squink Out!

Page 1 of 1