Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
251 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
251 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
171 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
149 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
118 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
111 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
72 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Another silly assed telecaster! NGD

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Did it again! Bought another a Telecaster yesterday. It's a MIM FSR ash bodied BSB with a maple fretboard. Looks good, sounds good, plays good and stays in tune. It doesn't have a tremolo but I have an Ibanez RC330T with a tremolo for more traditional surf stuff. This Tele is an all around guitar, anything can be played on it. And I will play surf on it!!

Enjoying the surf,sun and sand!!

I will own one of those some day...

I hope so Jake!!! Agree

Congrats on the new Tele Jeff.
I was asked to play on a recording session a few weeks ago and I wasn't sure exactly what the music would be. I knew I was going to take three guitars that would cover most sounds. I wasn't sure about the other two guitars until I left for the session but I was dead sure that a Tele was going with me, that was a sure thing.
As long as you don't need a vibrato unit - you can do it on a Tele.
Nice looking guitar!

Cheers,

Jeff

http://www.facebook.com/CrazyAcesMusic
http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyacesrock
http://www.reverbnation.com/crazyacesmusic

I snagged one of those FSR's off of Craigs L and it's sweet! Congrats Z ! I did install a Bigsby and modify the stock bridge. The reverse control plate is a plus and the overall build quality on these are exceptional. Have fun

Nice Tele Jeff. The MIM stuff is really nice these days. The electrical (pots, switch, jack) & most of the hardware are the same used on the US made guitars. They're allot of guitar for the money. My Tele is one of my main guitars. They are so versatile. You should try a 4-way switch if you haven't already. The fourth position offers a more aggressive sound, approaching humbucker territory.

Otto & The Ottomans
Kennedy Custom Guitars

I too have one of those FSRs (also in butterscotch) that I picked up a couple of months ago.
My most recent Tele purchase is a candy red Nashville that I got last Friday.
I'll play all genera on them, as I do on all my guitars ... with the 'possible' exception of a steel Dobro. Smile

OK--apologies to all. I have traded the new Tele for an Epiphone 339 in natural. Took the Tele back to the store and made the trade. Why?? The C shaped neck numbed my hand every time I played the thing for more than 15-20 minutes. Totally useless to me like that. Too much money for a guitar that is useless for me.
I came home with an Epiphone ES 339 in natural. Very nice guitar, covers my 4 needs in a guitar. I now have a 5th need---D shaped neck. It's not a surf guitar, no trem and humbuckers. I'll play surf on it but --well, you know! Won't sound exactly right.....

And pix of the new Epi--

I was wondering about the neck since you posted the Tele. Congrats on the new guitar. FWIW, a guitar you can play a lot without discomfort is a better guitar than one that hurts.

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Worth a lot Noel!! A guitar that one can't play is a terrible thing to waste. Pass it to someone that can play it. Then find one you can play. The Epi is very nice, no complaints about it. The Tele left a small hole in my psyche because I really wanted a good Tele. I have 2 good Ibanez's that are great for my hand and the Epi is right there with 'em!! Thanks Noel!!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015 12:14:00

Jeff, if you really want a Tele you can play without discomfort, how about making one yourself? You could simply buy a loaded body and have Musikraft make you a U-shaped Tele neck that really suits you.

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Now, that is a good thought. Haven't built a guitar in 10 or 15 years!
might be time to do it again! Thumbs Up

Sorry the Tele didn't work out. Those 339's are sweeet! They have a used one at my local mom & pop shop that I tried.

That Tele is so pretty! And sounded great!! So does the new 339 and It doesn't numb out my left hand!!! Agree

No need for an apology in my book.
If it doesn't work for you, then making it available for some other person is probably just what Jesus would do. Smile

I have a guitargle(plural for guitar ???) of Epi's, and I love everyone of them, but the Epi 339 is something still on the GAS list.

You got a beauty, and I'm looking forward to further reviews!
See: http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/forum/90-epiphone-electrics/

Flyer91--Buddha too!

Well, this is my last post on this subject. I took the Epi back this morning. Just got my money back. Why? The single coil tap was horrendous!!
Absolutely awful--IMHO of course.
3 trips to Pensacola--1 hour and 15 minutes each way and no luck. No luck at all..
Will stick to my 2 Ibanez's. The bucker version is a strong sounding guitar. The single coil model is Strattier than a strat. Both play fast and are great for my hand. Next NGD may be another Ibanez.. Agree

Last edited: Apr 01, 2015 14:19:32

Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble finding guitars that work for you. I'm not a fan of coil splitting at all. I've removed it from 2 humbucker guitars. I have stuff with singles for surf. BTW, I have an Ibanez 335 style. I was just picking on you with the shredder joke before. Keep up the search. The right one will find you.

Well I wish you luck with whatever new one you end up with.

I recently bought an Ibanez Atrcore AS7312 12 string with humbuckers.
Its not a real expensive guitar, but I really like it.
And although I know many swap out the "semi-fugly" knobs, I think they're just great ... with a positive feel.

In the '70's I had a pre-lawsuit MIJ Ibanez Les Paul Custom copy that was one of my favorite guitars.
Like many others have done with a sweetheart player ... I foolishly sold it, and have lamented that decision ever since. Sigh
Now I'm afraid to sell anything, so I have over 30 (mostly non-collectible/player) guitars.

Anyway, best of luck with the hunt!
That can be half the fun anyway ..... Smile

Goto Page: 1 2 Next