Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Musician »

Permalink The tide is turning - band close to convincing..

Page 1 of 1

I went to band rehearsal last night. We don’t perform any instrumentals, let alone surf, but our music is 60s covers.
Anyway, I decided during beer break to crank up the reverb and let rip with Surf Rider, followed by The Man From Uncle, and ended up with Walk Don’t Run. They loved it. I can see chinks appearing in the armour. My work here is nearly done and I can move on, like Bruce Banner, The Littlest Hobo, or that bloke in Highway to Heaven, to the next town that needs my help.

Although they still don’t quite get it, they thought the tunes were all by The Shadows…

Well-played and very nicely done.

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Great job... I am always amazed about odd looking faces when I tell people about “my“ music. But then I show some classic tunes, they say: “Oh, I know that stuff, it's really cool... I thought it was just some oldie Rock'n'Roll tune...“

Just as some people think that the Beach Boys are one of those Rock'n'Roll bands...

It seems the craze of surf music has not made it through time - but surf music has Smile

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015 00:08:49

Clarry wrote:

My work here is nearly done and I can move on...

Well done, Grasshopper. Cool

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Best of luck.

Page 1 of 1