Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
327 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
255 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
255 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
153 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
121 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
115 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
76 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
9 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
9 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » For Sale / Trade »

Permalink Gomez G-Spring Reverb Unit FS $625

Page 1 of 1

SOLD!
Gomez G-Spring Reverb Unit - I bought it as a back-up for my other Gomez, then ended up buying a complete Surfer/G-spring set-up, so this one is no longer needed.

I bought it as a chassis only from Dario Gomez - I bought an unfinished cabinet from a guy on ebay, and covered it in smooth blonde with gold grill cloth. It has a Belton 2 spring pan in it, and a nice NOS 6K6 driver tube with a couple of JJ pre-amp tubes.

It sounds great - as good as my other 2 Gomez tanks, and as good or better than my original '64.

Hoping to get $625 shipped for it. I'd rather not ship outside the US.

PM me here, or email me. Chris@bigkahunabicycles.com

"You can't tell where you're going if you don't know where you've been"

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014 17:14:45

Drool

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

These are amazing tanks! I'd take one of these over vintage.

I think they are pretty spectacular too -

One of the best spring units made! I had an amazing original early 64 that I got with a 64 Showman set .. Sold my G-spring before I used the 64 unit! "Wow my G-Spring sounded much better in every way". I could have kicked my self for selling my G-Spring, however, I got really lucky and got the same Gomez G-Spring unit back .. sold the Fender. Never looked back.

Well... you have to check unit by unit as they all sound differently. To be honest the Gomez's I tried never thrilled me, as a surf music purist. Probably was the wrong combination amp/tank, I cannot tell... but I rather be very careful in choosing the right fender tank.

I sold a 65 that was simply spectacular. Like the one that Oleg Messer Chups has (Oleg has in my opinion and not only the best jazz master sound currently in the planet). I sold it because I like more the sound of the 62/63... more aggressive. This is what I have now, together with other reissues ones.

So yes, I would say that you have to try these things. I assume each Gomez will sound differently one from the other too...

Lorenzo "Surfer Joe" Valdambrini
(www.surfmusic.net)

Sold to a fellow SG101er!

thanks!

The Gomez units are very similar to each other(one huge plus over the INCREDIBLY varying vintage Fender units).

The Gomez requires different settings than the Fender, lots of people just go straight for 6-6-6 because that is what Cowabunga wrote once and that is now people's go=to setting. The mix setting works much better on the Gomez, and the tone is warmer. Which is amazing. My amp creates the ice pick sound, no longer the reverb unit.

Congrats Chris! And super congrats to whoever bought it.

Thanks Jake and everyone else for the kind words.

Dario

Page 1 of 1