Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Musicians & Gigs Wanted »

Permalink Belly Dancer Looking for Band

Goto Page: Previous 1 2

As an American, I reserve the right to point up some of our cultural shortcomings. What I am saying is that all we have left after all this pop devolution is 'doin' your own thing' and collective expression is pretty much gone by the wayside. Not to mention transmission of dance forms – at least among urbane hipsters, the ne plus ultra of individualists.
I did see razabillies doing synchronized steps to Link Wray tunes at the Spike in Monterey Park, but they wouldn't get up on the floor for Surfer Joe or Martin Cilia. Again, I applaud cultura but decry the narrow limits of their interest.

Squink Out!

I am also available to perform with surf bands out of my area. If your band is booked for a show in the Chicago, Madison, or Milwaukee area, I will come to you. All I need is your playlist, and we can work out the tunes I perform to for you long distance with no rehearsal required. Please let me hear from you if you're interested.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014 08:13:06

I'm belly dancing for my high school reunion tomorrow night. I'm doing a 7 1/2 minute performance to two songs. First is Wings of Isis and veil to a beautiful oriental piece, Yearning, that has all the mystery, intrigue, terror, and romance of a Turkish harem. I'm dancing to your kind of music for the second, Pipeline, while playing zills (finger cymbals). My choreo for the first is brooding and sultry, but Pipeline is going to be a shake the ceiling off the ballroom shimmyfest!

We just recently had a thread about favorite versions of Pipeline, which one are you dancing to?

The Ventures. It has a great rhythm for zills.

Lots of cameras were flashing, and at least two videos were made. New pics soon of Wings and Pipeline coming!

Glad to hear it went well. Looking forward to seeing the video.
Have you had any luck finding a band to dance with?

Not yet, Surf Skater. I've found surf bands interested, but they're all out of state. I'm in northern Illinois. Unfortunately, even with all the good bands in my community, there is a dearth of instrumental bands. Lots of R & B, but no surf. Somehow I just can't get my head around belly dancing to Brick House and the like. I'm still looking ...

Matt22 wrote:

A Middle Western Middle Eastern dancer! The Surfside IV had belly dancers perform and it was a great addition to the music and atmosphere. I'd love to have a dancer performing, and one that specifically loves surf music is a HUGE bonus!

Wish you were out here, Desert Dancer! Best of luck finding a band to work with.

Don't seem to recall any belly dancers. We did have a monkey-lady once, though.

SSIV

Goto Page: Previous 1 2