Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Videos »

Permalink The Ghastly Ones interview

Page 1 of 1

Here goes an interview with Norman(drums) and Garret(guitar) from the Ghastly Ones Cool Definitely worth checking out.
http://www.vimeo.com/277931

Thanks for that!!!!!! Thumbs Up

The bands website has an interview that Norman did for a magazine, along with

wait for it

news of an album coming in August!!!!!!!! Rock Worship Groovy Monkey Guitar

Will

"You're done, once you're a surfer you're done. You're in. It's like the mob or something. You're not getting out." - Kelly Slater

The Luau Cinders

Hell yeah,
thanks

and Loved the Angus Young and Tony Iommi references.
Rock

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Aside from what might be the most annoying camera work I've seen in a long time, that's a really nice interview. I absolutely love their spirit.

Yeah, we went to go see them in Sacramento this last September and they where pretty cool guys. I didn't talk to Norm that much because we had to leave, plus there was some annoying PsychoBilly band playing. But they where pretty excited to here that we started our band because we liked their music so much. They are really talkative, you don't even have to keep up the conversation because they won't shut up(haha). Nice guys though.

The Deadbeats

Awesome! Those guys are always... always so entertaining. Cool cats them Ghastly Ones. Cool

Yeah, thanks for the link--that was fun. They seem like really cool guys.

these guys rule! please come to Spain!!!

Did I hear new Ghastly Ones in August? Rock Worship Groovy Thumbs Up Guitar Drool Cheers Mr. Green Cool Smile Exclamation Monkey

Reverb, It's A Way Of Life!

Bump...very cool interview... how did I miss this??

Garrett is really busy with The Walking Dead, and Norm is kicking it with Boss Fink........but I really hope that at some point in the future we have another full length Ghastly Ones album. Probably my favorite band.

Will

"You're done, once you're a surfer you're done. You're in. It's like the mob or something. You're not getting out." - Kelly Slater

The Luau Cinders

Fabulous news! Any new record is gonna be worth the wait.

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Haha! What a trip down memory lane. Don't believe a word I said. There was beer involved! Big Grin

BOSS FINK "R.P.M." available now from DOUBLE CROWN RECORDS!
www.facebook.com/BossFink
www.doublecrownrecords.com

Yep, Garrett will be doing the next season of Walking Dead. I just finished up on Spiderman 2. No Ghastly music in the works at the moment. The movie stuff makes it impossible to have a full time band, but we needed a break nevertheless. I want to focus on BOSS FINK at the moment too, so I can take a break from drums and play some geetar.

Staredge wrote:

Garrett is really busy with The Walking Dead, and Norm is kicking it with Boss Fink........but I really hope that at some point in the future we have another full length Ghastly Ones album. Probably my favorite band.

BOSS FINK "R.P.M." available now from DOUBLE CROWN RECORDS!
www.facebook.com/BossFink
www.doublecrownrecords.com

Ghastly fans would enjoy the latest Venturesmania disc. Garrett plays lead on about a quarter of the album. Not spooky surf, but the songwriting is Mosrite-era Ventures/Eleki all the way. It's like they inverted some original Ventures tunes and came up with their own. "They" being Deke, Phantom Surfer Mel, Nokie and Dr. Lehos. Awesome Mosrite tones and great songs.

Twisted Evil > Angel

Don't forget our podcast interview with Norm on episodes 10 & 11 and the rest of the interview is in our downloads section.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

norcalhodad wrote:

Ghastly fans would enjoy the latest Venturesmania disc. Garrett plays lead on about a quarter of the album. Not spooky surf, but the songwriting is Mosrite-era Ventures/Eleki all the way. It's like they inverted some original Ventures tunes and came up with their own. "They" being Deke, Phantom Surfer Mel, Nokie and Dr. Lehos. Awesome Mosrite tones and great songs.

Couldn't agree with you more.The Venturesmania Disc is probably one of my favorite purchases of last year.It is truly like a lost Ventures album of the mid-60's.Garrett's work is amazing to say the least! With that said I have a sneaky suspition that Boss Fink is gonna blow my mind!

Reverb, It's A Way Of Life!

Last edited: Mar 08, 2013 07:37:44

I was kind of disappointed in the Venturesmania disc to be honest. It just didn't grab me.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Woah! Originally appeared well before my getting hip to this joint. Thanks for the bump, Knuckles. Those Dischord references Garrett dropped made me dig this band even more, if that were possible.

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

Last edited: Mar 09, 2013 09:32:39

Page 1 of 1