Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
96 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Diamond Trem

Page 1 of 1

Hi all, anyone have much experience with the Diamond Tremolo pedal? Have a chance to pick one up for a good price, but can't try it out first.

Haven't heard the Diamond trem personally (just on demos) but I have a Diamond Memory Lane Jr. Delay and it's amazing. A very good company, top quality. I believe you won't be disappointed.

I have a Mello Tremo made by Tone Freak. Simple , straight forward , great sound. Check : Pedal Geek . website for sound clips. Rob...

Thanks for the replies everyone; unfortunately it sold out from under me. Not to worry; I do have a Trem pedal I'm happy with, but I know the Diamond stuff has a good name so thought I'd give it a shot.

I'm a chronic trem addict. I don't use it for surf, but its a fantastic resource for almost everything else. Plug a '62 AVRI Telecaster into a '57 Deluxe on the edge of breakup and add the trem, and its 7th heaven. For my money, its one of the greatest sounds out there.

In my experience, the better sounding trems are the on-board tube-driven type built into the amp's circuit, but pedal-wise, the best trem I've ever encountered (bar none) is the Demeter Tremulator. I used the Fulltone Supa-Trem for several years, and it was fantastic, but even it didn't compare to the warm, analog sound of the Demeter. Its as good or better than any 'on-board' trem I've ever heard.

Reef-Ranger wrote:

pedal-wise, the best trem I've ever encountered (bar none) is the Demeter Tremulator. I used the Fulltone Supa-Trem for several years, and it was fantastic, but even it didn't compare to the warm, analog sound of the Demeter. Its as good or better than any 'on-board' trem I've ever heard.

FWIW this blog might be of interest. Seems like the Supa Trem is based on the Demeter.

I liked the Demeter, but it had a horrible volume drop when the depth was cranked. And coupled with the fact you have to use a little screwdriver to alter the bias, the odd power supply connection it's one of the most user un-friendly pedals I've ever owned. Shame because it does sound great.

And it's a bit late for the OP now, but the Diamond trem is an optical trem like the Demeter and Supa Trem. One of the best trems I've had.

My Demeter doesn't suffer from any notable volume drop, so I must have lucked-out on that score, but yes, I fully agree with you about the power supply - very frustrating!

I've got the very same problem with several other oddly-powered pedals foremost of which is the Maxon AD-900 Analog Delay (a reverse polarity 12v/center + freak!). Another great pedal, but its enough to drive a guy flippin' nutz!

Page 1 of 1