Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
147 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » For Sale / Trade »

Permalink All original Mint Fender Super Six Reverb '72 for sale/trade

Page 1 of 1
 As the title indicated this is an all original fender super six reverb, right on down to the tubes. It's a "72" but it was manufactured in November of 1971 during what I believe was the very first run of these amps. The amp is in absolutely immaculate condition. I'm sure it looks as it did on the day it was bought over 40 years ago. I got this gem at an estate sale, and was told that it had been owned by an elderly man who was the original owner and hadn't play it or taken it out of the house in decades. Understandable as the thing weighs close to 100lbs. It also came with the original fender vinyl cover which is in great shape as well. I had the amp looked over by my guitar tech a few months ago when I got it, and it was given a clean bill of health. In fact he said he had never seen that old of an amp in such good condition. 
I've decided to part with it as I have far too many amps and not enough guitars, hence the "for trade." In terms of trades, I'm in the market for an American made seafoam/surf green strat. Might also consider a white strat, or other color jag, jazzmaster, mustang, but must be american made. A nice hard shell case is a plus as well.
I've seen much more inferior examples of this amp go for anywhere between 700-1000 dollars. I'd be willing to part with it for around 1100 obo within reason. This thing really is a collectors item and you will not be disappointed. If you ever wondered what it would be like to buy a brand new fender amplifier 40 years ago, this is your amp. You really won't find another one like it in the condition it's in. I'd really like to handle this one local pick up only if possible for obvious reasons (100Lbs worth of reasons).  
Oh yeah, for those of you that are unfamiliar with this fairly rare amp, it's the same chassis as a twin reverb expect that it's got 100 watts of power running through 6 tens instead of 2 twelves. Truly a monstrous noise maker. As much head room as you like, but also has a master knob so you can dial in some natural tube amp overdrive if you like. Tons of lush reverb and vibrato as well.

Can't figure out how to attach my own photos but here's one I found on google images. I can always pics of my amp via email later. But this will give you a general idea of the amp.image

actually that didn't work either it looks like. Just google fender super six reverb, it'll come up.

Wow! I've only seen two or three of these beasts in my life. Basically a twin with 6- 10's. I saw Derek Trucks play through one of these with the Allman Brothers Band about 8 years ago, and he sounded like a million bucks. Good luck with the sale.

Bob

Yeah thanks, they are pretty rare. Although I had heard of trucks using one.

Egad, what a beast! Shock I LOVE it!

Not actual amp that is for sale ...

Cats 'n' Strats, 'cause that's how I roll - I eat reverb for breakfast!

Fenderus Collecticus
Strat Blender Pot Modification HERE

Wow Thats a Monster!!! I remember carrying one of those when I was in my early teens and I told the guys I was jaming with "thank GOD for inventing the wheel.. LOL!!! I bet that amp sounds amazing!!

A few years ago, I had the opportunity to buy a real clean one really cheap, but unfortunately had to pass due to the weight and storage issue. It sounded awesome, but my messed-up back is still thanking me for letting a rare instance of common-sense prevail.

Bob

"You can't tell where you're going if you don't know where you've been"

What's the impedance on a six speaker amp?

Ha! Sonichris, your photo/post spoken like a true gigging musician! It's all about the wheels! (Unless you got a cab with a single neo speaker in it, but that would be cheating...) btw: In my first "punk" surf instro band in 1981 (the Ripptides) I played a Fender twin and lifted all 105 lbs of it on top of a 4x12 cab and had 100 watts going through 6 x 12" speakers. (my ears are still ringing). Would have been nice to have one of these instead with a nice hand truck dolly!

gawfshot wrote:

What's the impedance on a six speaker amp?

That amp has 2 groups of 3 paralleled speakers in series. So you calculate 3 speakers in parallel at 8 ohms each which = 2.6667 Ohms and then multiply by 2 and get about 5.33ish ohms. Fender most likely used a 4 ohm output tranny.

Seller (and amp presumably) in Roanoke Virginia...

Page 1 of 1