Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink INSTRO SUMMIT 2012! May 4th-6th, the Cave, Chapel Hill, NC!

Goto Page: Previous 1 210 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next

Congrats, Carol!!! Awesomeness! Guitar

Hoping to catch night 3. Woot! Woot!

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

To quote Ivan P.:"Crispy sure knows how to throw a party!" I cannot say it better. We are having a blast.

BOY! Was that fun!
Mucho kudos again to Mr Crispy. He does know how to throw a party. What a super time. The gathering at Southern Station was amazing. Getting to Jam a bit with the Mystery Men? a bit started off my trip to Instro Summit with a bang. What a great and appreciative crowd! A few friends from the Atlanta area were in attendance and getting to meet up with Noel, and Cousin Mary and a lot of my closest surf/instro buddies was again really gratifying. Even former Georgia resident Mood Dog was there for Friday's performances and the Saturday jam. Great to see ya again Mr #1 Dog.

Thanks again to Mouse, the Cave staff and all who worked behind the scenes, including our sponsors starting at the top with Dipinto Guitars, PBR, Double Crown Records and a large host of others that the old dude here can't rightly remember.

Special thanks to The Atom Bumbz, Ninth Wave (Mike is one amazing fellow) the mighty Atomic Mesquitos and the Intoxicators all who performend before and after we did including the Friday Night bands and those who will perform tonight.

Thanks!

And don't forget Atlanta's "Surf Fest" June 30th, moved to downtown Douglasville, GA. just west of ole Big A.

The Surge! brothers.
Eddie K
WoodyJ
Mitch
Link

Traditional........speak softly and play through a big blonde amp. Did I mention that I still like big blonde amps?

Ooooopssssssssssss!

MOON Dog

Hate these progressive bi-focals

Sorry, sir

A long drive back and I ain't a hittin' on all eight cylinders yet.

Damn, I left TUCK off that list............geez. I'm gonna go take a nap.

ed

Traditional........speak softly and play through a big blonde amp. Did I mention that I still like big blonde amps?

Man thats THE INSTRO SUMMIT!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!! I WANT TO PLAY THERE, DO U THINK WE ARE GOOD ENOUGH?? PLEASE HEAR US

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqV82GkmV3U

Ladies and Gentlemen.. Con Ustedes... LOS CARTABLANCA!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqV82GkmV3U&feature=related

Like us in Facebook!

Wowee! Shock Between Friday night and what was literally an all-day AND all night affair Saturday, I'm reeling even more than usual. I'll post my thoughts and highlights once I'm recovered. I'm still in heaven from both the Madeira's show (Transcendent!) and breaking the record at the Rumble Jam (TWENTY! Count 'em! TWENTY guitars all playing Rumble at the Same time!), not to mention all the kickass bands and music in between. It's been a helluva weekend, and we're not even done yet!

Right now the Rebel Surfers are rehearsing in my garage--they sound great! I'm about to head out the door and grab a few more bottles of Gatorade to help prep me for the final night. Seven more bands, five of which are brand new to the Summit, plus the big raffle drawing, all tonight!

See everybody soon!

--Crispy

The instro summit is a place where you can meet so many of the wonderful people that make this forum awesome, and learn a few things as well.

The 5 things I learned from the Instro Summit 2012:
1. Crispy is a hell of a dancer (It is a sight to behold!)
2. It is possible for a band to play an entire set without practicing and not make one mistake (Madeira)
3. It is not possible for a person to drink 7 shots of tequila and continue to stand of their own accord (our drummer)
4. The Mystery Men have a 3rd guitarist and are sounding better than ever!
5. The sound of 20 guitarists playing rumble at one time is an amazing thing! (Next year lets all do Miserlou!!!!!)

Thanks again Crispy for all of your hard work! You are one of a kind and I think I speak for everyone when I say that you are truly an asset to the Surf community! I wish I could have stayed for all 3 nights, however next year I definitely will.

Jeremy

Last edited: May 06, 2012 15:55:07

aqualadius wrote:

1. The sound of 20 guitarists playing Rumble at one time is an amazing thing!

Before everyone notices from the video, the DiPinto Galaxie 4 I was "playing" was not plugged into anything. My shoulder is so stiff my arm still locks up trying to play. So I was doing my best American Bandstand performance. Thanks to Mike Tomaszewski from DiPinto for letting me pretend to play instead of him, to Crispy for letting me use the raffle guitar (did he even know?), to Ivan Pongracic for lending me a pick so I wouldn't look completely idiotic, and to EVERYONE ELSE at the Jam for allowing me to sit in and have a wonderful time.

It was, quite literally, a blast, especially with all those amps at ear level! Big Grin

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Last edited: May 06, 2012 16:10:55

Courtesy of a Bill Stancill on Facebook:

rumble jam

rumble jam

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Last edited: May 06, 2012 17:48:50

well....i defended my 'i'm branded' title from last year. last year no one stepped up but me so this year the winner from two years ago and i battled it out to see who the 'true' champion is and i won thanks to the support from the sg101 crowd. actually, chrispy should be the true champ as he's the only one that comes close to matching link's solo. mike made a pretty good stab at it and i played it safe and just soloed over the chords. any-hoo..........here's a photo of my spoils

Your text to link here...

www.surfintheeye.com

Last edited: May 07, 2012 06:32:01

(http://www.flickr.com/photos/73037125@N02/7151997797/in/photostream/)

one of the sponsors

www.surfintheeye.com

Last edited: May 07, 2012 09:03:51

That is one serious haul-o-swag Carol... congratz! Now where is the "like" button for your rumble-jam performance attire? Smile

-murph

P.S. Thanks again for the stylin' SG101 t-shirt!

http://www.reverbnation.com/elmiragesurf
http://www.reverbnation.com/aminorconspiracy

"I knew I was in trouble when the Coco-Loco tasted like water!" -- morphball

murph...... Big Grin

www.surfintheeye.com

Courtesy of a Bill Stancill on Facebook:

Bill is the Summit's official videographer, the man behind the mixing console when we shoot all of Summit vids, and also a kickass photographer. He tells me he has hundreds of shots from the Summit and will get them to me soon. When he does, I'll start putting them up on the Facebook and Google Plus pages.

Still a little lightheaded from last night, but doing way better than I thought I would at this point. Maybe I'm building up resistance to Instro Summit fatigue...

--Crispy

Crispy,

sounds like a huge success, cudos Bro.
take a well deserved break, sit down, put yer feet up,
and have a tall cool one.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Crispy you are the man! Thanks again for such an awesome event! Now it's a countdown to SG101 convention! BTD - The room and flights are booked! If it's half as fun as the Instro Summit I will be in Nerd Reverb Heaven (Crispy had an awesome statement about this referring to the Madeira that I can't recall the verbiage to right now..Crispy?)!

Jeremy

Yeah, Crispy you are the man!! Thanks for all your hard work!!
I really wish I could of made it to each night of the summit, but damn life always gets in the way.

Paul
Atomic Mosquitos
Bug music for bug people is here!
Killers from Space

Great Job Crispy! What a great show that sets a new bar. Friendship, camaraderie, and great music. Thank you from all of us!

I will have to move the entire Atom Bumz back line out of my basement to make room when the UTZ truck arrives! YES, they are mine! I think that was the UTZ girl Stage Left dancing with Blood Red River!

Salute to Crispy Bess & Co for an awesome event! If you have not yet attended an Instro Summit mark your calendar now.

The Meteor Men feel very privileged to have been included in this year's Summit and the talent on display this weekend was truely mind-blowing! Awe-inspiring performances all weekend.

So good to finally meet so many of the cool people that frequent this site as well.

METEOR IV on reverbnation

How 'bout a little BBQ to go with those quality Utz chips? Featuring the head Summit instigator himself!

Note that this is a flip recording by fill-in bassist extraordinaire Steve Eisenstadt (who pulled off an incredible set with only one rehearsal... outstanding!) I'm sure there will be killer footage of all the bands once Bill gets done working his mojo!

-murph

bumzdrummer wrote:

Great Job Crispy! What a great show that sets a new bar. Friendship, camaraderie, and great music. Thank you from all of us!

I will have to move the entire Atom Bumz back line out of my basement to make room when the UTZ truck arrives! YES, they are mine! I think that was the UTZ girl Stage Left dancing with Blood Red River!

http://www.reverbnation.com/elmiragesurf
http://www.reverbnation.com/aminorconspiracy

"I knew I was in trouble when the Coco-Loco tasted like water!" -- morphball

Goto Page: Previous 1 210 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next