Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » SG101 Podcast »

Permalink Episode #5 Is Here!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next

Head on over to the podcast page and grab yourself a copy of Episode 5.

This one features an Eleki set plus Ferenc interviews Shigeo Naka of the Surf Coasters!

By popular request we have published this episode in the AAC (.m4a) format. This allows you to have track numbers inside the podcast so you can jump around from song to song. If you are a Windows user you can play this podcast in iTunes or QuickTime player.

Thanks Lady Reverb!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Listening now,
3 songs in, so far its amazing.
great job.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

liking it so far:)

I wanna play just like him when i grow up...

If you download it off iTunes and play on an iPod, you can now jump around to any song or segment of the podcast. The iPod even shows the name of the song while it's playing. To access that feature hit the select (middle) button 2 times while playing. 3 times brings you to the entire song list.

Enjoy!

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Last edited: Nov 26, 2008 09:18:10

Nice work Danny/Lady 'Verb. I'm looking forward to the Shigeo interview! Also kudos for including some eleki, especially some Sharp Five on the podcast.

Ryan
The Secret Samurai Website
The Secret Samurai on Facebook

This is a bad ass podcast! Phantom Frank, 50 Foot Combo, Pollo del Mar, The Ultras, The El Caminos, The Space Cossacks, Man or Astro-Man?, The Madeira, The Ultras, The Treblemakers, .... damn, damn, damn.

Okay I just listened to the interview with Shigeo Naka. Wow, great job Ferenc. And thank you. I've always felt a great distance between us fans and the Surf Coasters because of the language barrier. I've resigned myself that we won't have him has a member here like we have other surf guitar greats. We won't be able to pick his brain like we can Ivan, Dave Wronski, or Ted Pilgrim. But this interview is a great step in bringing the band closer to their US fans. Just to hear him speak was very cool (even if I understood nothing). It was so great to hear his enthusiasm and laughter coming through loud and clear.

Of course I am quite proud of this website and the community that sprang up around it. But this podcast is another one of those magical moments in its history; one of those events that I could never foresee happening, something greater than what one person can do. Events like the members mp3 comp, the t-shirt, the first convention, and now this podcast are really quite special. I guess I do indeed have a lot to be thankful for.

The interview feature of our podcast is the greatest part. I think it really ties us together and makes us more of a community.

Thanks everyone for making this website such a great experience.

Brian
The interview feature of our podcast is the greatest part.

Yeah, I agree with that completely Brian. You can always buy the records, but to hear some of the greats in this genre in interviews is just too cool. Keep up the good work!

Ryan
The Secret Samurai Website
The Secret Samurai on Facebook

Here is a tip from LHR. If you are a windows user and don't want to deal with iTunes or QuickTime, give this player a shot:

http://www.videolan.org/

I'm glad you all are digging the new podcast. All credit goes to Lady Reverb, she picks the songs and provides her own commentary. All I do is edit it all together. She's the best and I'm really lucky to be with her.

Danny Snyder

_

Brian or Danny,

Just to save me searching the internet - do you know a quick way of converting AAC (.m4a) format into standard mp3. I'd like to carry my computer around with me but I use a little pocket Mp3 player with no frills or Itunes - which is quite consistent with the rest of my personality.

Do you know? Thanks in advance!

Tim

Tim O
oestmann guitar

tunes

clips

All of the podcasts to date have been GREAT!

I'll be downloading #5 and listening to it as I drive to my sister's for Thanksgiving tomorrow. It should make an otherwise boring drive, a much more enjoyable one.

Thanks to all involved!

oestmann
Brian or Danny,

Just to save me searching the internet - do you know a quick way of converting AAC (.m4a) format into standard mp3. I'd like to carry my computer around with me but I use a little pocket Mp3 player with no frills or Itunes - which is quite consistent with the rest of my personality.

Do you know? Thanks in advance!

Tim

Anyone else requiring an mp3 version just email me and I can send you it via email.

Danny Snyder

_

Anyone else requiring an mp3 version just email me and I can send you it via email.

Well, I guess that would be me. I'll send you an email. I just tried downloading it from the site, and couldn't do it. Am I wrong, or were all of the previous podcasts already in mp3 format? I had no trouble with them.

Maybe this is a Mac thing? When I click on "download" all I get is a bunch of "alien text".

Rob, do you have iTunes? If not, are you averse to downloading it? How about the software Brian recommended:

http://www.videolan.org/

Email me if you'd still prefer the mp3, but the enhanced version is nice, especially if you listen more than once.

Danny Snyder

_

Danny...I do have iTunes. (I'm on a Mac). I'll check into the software recommended, if it is Mac compatible, unless I can find a way to download directly. How do I get the download to go directly to iTunes?

When I click on the download link, I get garbled text.

Go onto iTunes store and search surfguitar101 and subscribe to the podcast

Danny Snyder

_

OK...I'll get it all sorted out. (I also got your email).

Thanks

Rob, try doing a "save-as" on the file from the link here. If you have iTunes you should have no problem playing the .m4a file.

Tim - just google "AAC to mp3" or "m4a to mp3" and you can find converter programs.

Thanks Brian, that worked!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next