Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Pic's of your pets I know there are some animal lovers here!

Goto Page: Previous 1 26 7 8 9 10 Next

I have one of these guys. great dogs.

Does everyone have an SPCA? Or is that a local thing?

Sonichris
I also like to think that all early 60's fender equipment is happy to be playing surf music again. After all, its the music it was meant to play.

Kman1
Does everyone have an SPCA? Or is that a local thing?

Perhaps a poll to make a determination?

Dang it, Kahuna has a poll fetish!

Sonichris
I also like to think that all early 60's fender equipment is happy to be playing surf music again. After all, its the music it was meant to play.

Kman1
Dang it, Kahuna has a poll fetish!

No, I just know your M.O.

Touche.

Sonichris

Kman, you've posted 20 some times today. Now if these were interesting or informative posts I wouldn't be complaining.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

synchro

surferXmatt
I always thought I was a dog person, but am really enjoying owning my cats. Could not imagine being with out them.

"Dogs adore you no matter what. Getting a cat to like you seems like an accomlishment"; said the olde man, his wallet still smarting from the $35.00 he had spent on cat food earlier that day. He winced for a moment, wondering how long it would be before his cats took over completely. Smile

I have always thought the same thing. Most dogs are more or less totally dependant on its owner. A cat however can and will catch its own food, "not dependant at all". Sure! a cat will allow you to feed it, and it will accept food from you, but for a cats affection, you must earn it. Affection seems to be programmed into most dogs.

tonetti

synchro

surferXmatt
I always thought I was a dog person, but am really enjoying owning my cats. Could not imagine being with out them.

"Dogs adore you no matter what. Getting a cat to like you seems like an accomlishment"; said the olde man, his wallet still smarting from the $35.00 he had spent on cat food earlier that day. He winced for a moment, wondering how long it would be before his cats took over completely. Smile

I have always thought the same thing. Most dogs are more or less totally dependant on its owner. A cat however can and will catch its own food, "not dependant at all". Sure! a cat will allow you to feed it, and it will accept food from you, but for a cats affection, you must earn it. Affection seems to be programmed into most dogs.

Good point, but Thunder, my dog, has been known to catch his own food sometimes. I guess Kibble isn't enough for some animals.

Sonichris

Kman1 Wrote:Good point, but Thunder, my dog, has been known to catch his own food sometimes. I guess Kibble isn't enough for some animals.

I did say "MOST" dogs, purposely, because I know for a fact that "SOME" dogs are not "TOTALLY" dependent on their owner, I own a Malamute/Husky, and she would be an exception to this statement, to an extent, but if I allowed her to indulge in her hunting instincts she would probably kill something she shouldn't, and be put down for it.

Thunder does it at night, there's nothing we can do, the fences are pretty high in his pen for that reason. I once watched him slap a low-flying blue jay out of the air and eat it completely, he kept sneezing feathers.

Sonichris

tonetti
Most dogs are more or less totally dependant on its owner. A cat however can and will catch its own food, "not dependant at all". Sure! a cat will allow you to feed it, and it will accept food from you, but for a cats affection, you must earn it. Affection seems to be programmed into most dogs.

Where I work there are a number of feral cats living nearby. At times they are friendly and even cats born into that environment will let you pet them, especially if you feed them from time to time. What amazes me is how quickly some feral cats can adapt to humans. Cleo was one of the feral cats I saw at work and by far the most aloof. Then, one day I saw her with a couple of kittens and I started leaving food out for her, just helping a family in need. Smile Soon she would greet me every morning when I unlocked my office and when her kittens were a bit older she started coming to "visit" when she wanted some time free from her little ones. Late last fall she would come into my office if I'd let her, and get warmed up. Finally, when the kittens were more than half grown and she was starting to push them away I had her spayed and took her home. She's the most affectionate cat I've seen in a long time and once she learned that the curtains were not there for her climbing pleasure she became a very good indoor cat. She, and my tomcat spend at least part of their days watching the birds in rabbits through the windows but neither seems at all inclined to walk away from a good deal.

Dogs can hunt but they usually are happpy to be scavengers if the circumstances allow. While cats have to eat meat to survive dogs are omnivores and can eat almost anything. They are perfectly happy with whatever we throw away.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Mr. T is a California desert tortoise. I've had him for 23 years and he'll probably outlive me. I found him in the neighborhood and could not locate his owners. These are endangered animals and illegal to take from the wild. He hibernates about 6 months of the year.

By superwave at 2008-10-28

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008 23:27:56

And here's my girls at Oceanside Harbor.
Zip, Jessie, and my wife Dawn.

they are both female rescue dobies. people told us that two females would fight but they get along great and are a barrel of fun.

Ben
Mr. T is a California desert tortoise. I've had him for 23 years and he'll probably outlive me. More to follow.

Very cool. You have to respect those tortoises, they are survivors.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008 10:31:50

Whoa! Desert tortoise!? I know they're illegal to take, but aren't they illegal to own as well? (Don't worry, I won't tell Wink ) Every once in a while we get one of those guys in at work (herp lab) whose been confiscated or found wandering the streets as an escapee. Very cool animals. Mr. T is an awesome name for one. Laughing

synchro
You have to respect those tortoises, they are survivors.

Well, they _are _endangered. Wink Actually you're right, but they have trouble retaining water. They're a deserts species! WTF!? Although that's usually a result of stress, and getting shot at and run over by ATV's can be pretty stressful I suppose, if it doesn't just kill you outright. As one of the guys I work with puts it, "their biggest natural enemy is rednecks."

This is Willow. She has a very highly developed sense of her own importance and is rather cat-like in her aloofness. She also has magnificent ears. Last year she came in from the garden and collapsed: completely paralysed with a spinal injury. After a lot of care, she is back to 80% of her old self but still limps and falls over when she tries to walk backwards.

http://www.myspace.com/thepashuns

Youth and enthusiasm are no match for age and treachery.

Wooza, Not illegal to have one but they are supposed to be registered. we are members of the san diego turtle and tortoise society.

i live just a half mile from the beach and it's pretty damp and humid most nights. fortunately, not too many rednecks here, but not really good tortoise weather, they are prone to pneumonia or respiratory problems in this environment. i bring him in the house each night. he hibernates in a box in the garage. i just tucked him in for the winter and he'll usually wake up around memorial day.

when i found him the A Team show and Mr. T were popular (though not with me). that's were the name came from.

Estreet, your Willow is sweet looking. she almost looks like a deer. good luck to her.

synchro
For some reason the pictures aren't coming through doclegume.

I HATE picasaweb Evil

http://lh4.ggpht.com/doclegume/SQhOVhwp6fI/AAAAAAAAAgE/C40yk9ADJSE/minahouse1.JPG

http://lh3.ggpht.com/doclegume/SQhMZO-GMfI/AAAAAAAAAfg/5F-ffGuDmds/minahouse2.jpg

Docteur Legume Et Les Surfwerks

http://doclegume.blogspot.com
http://www.youtube.com/doclegume

"We're gonna draw a little bit of everybody's blood 'cause we're gonna find out who's THE THING"

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008 06:56:08

Goto Page: Previous 1 26 7 8 9 10 Next